WCGenerals Beta Launch - Come and try it out!

Ron B

Master Chief Petty Officer
Hi All,

After almost a year of work we are ready to beta test the new 'WC Generals' game.

You can start by registering at
http://www.wcgenerals.net

Some Notes:
Loading of elements might be a bit slow so please be patient. If anything gets stuck just refresh the browser window. Best viewed on a PC with Chrome or Firefox.

Please give your bug reports, feedbacks, ideas and comments on this thread!

On Joining A Game
------------------------------
- When you join, you are given the following:
a. Flag Color
b. Home System
c. A small starter fleet
d. Some credits to add ships.

Map
-----------
Use the map to plan out paths for fleet across the systems
Systems where you have captured a planet or installation will be shown with you flag color.
Click on any system to view it.

Moving Ships
-----------------
If it shows the green dot, you can move it or else wait for 30 secs.
Click on your ship. The green boxes will show where you can move.

Attacking Ships
---------------------
If the red dot is visible it means that the attack is allowed else wait for 30 secs.
Click on the ship. If enemy ships are in range they will show with a red border.

Jumping
-----------
Jumping between systems is part of the ship movement.
Active jump gates will be shown in blue. Click on it to jump the ship

Buying ships
--------------
Click on the Shipyards button on the right.
First you will be shown your existing fleet.
Click on the 'Ship Dealer' link.
Ships that are affordable will have a buy button.
Bought ships will be added to your fleet with a 'Deploy' button.
They will be deployed next to your shipyard.

Let me know if any questions. Awaiting your feedback.

Cheers,
Ron

Alright - I've registered, pretty sure I'm your opponent at the moment.

Jumped some stuff; at first it appeared relatively close to the jump point, but stuff from the second jump onward appeared in the upper-left hand corner. Should it be doing that?

Also noticed that my Lumbaris don't want to update their positions without refreshing the map. What's the point of having transport ships anyway?

Yeah, that's definitely happening when more than one ship jumps through to the same system without going to that system between the jumps. If you jump just one ship, switch over, move it and then go back and jump through with another ship, it works just fine.

Yeah, that's definitely happening when more than one ship jumps through to the same system without going to that system between the jumps. If you jump just one ship, switch over, move it and then go back and jump through with another ship, it works just fine.
Noted. Thanks.

How are you finding the speed and responsiveness?

The movement of craft updates reasonably fast, except for those craft that don't want to update (so far that's been mainly the Lumbari). Battle, likewise, is a pretty fast process, though I don't know exactly how that's intended to work - I did a fight between a Hvar'kann and a Bengal and the Hvar'kann won, but I don't know exactly how. Purchasing new ships is a pretty slow process; I'm afraid someone's going to kick me in the teeth while I'm off buying new stuff.

I've definitely borked something; my apologies. The connection is timing out now and has been for about the last ten minutes or so; I was doing a mass invasion of Perry at the time.

One other thing I've noticed is in regards to shipyards. I moved my original shipyard to a different system, and yet when I try to build new things it wants to deploy them to the original system. I pretty sure that's a bug but if not let me know. Makes me wonder what the point of shipyards becomes.

Also, what's the point of orbitals? By which I mean what exactly are they intended to do?

The movement of craft updates reasonably fast, except for those craft that don't want to update (so far that's been mainly the Lumbari). Purchasing new ships is a pretty slow process; I'm afraid someone's going to kick me in the teeth while I'm off buying new stuff.

I've definitely borked something; my apologies. The connection is timing out now and has been for about the last ten minutes or so; I was doing a mass invasion of Perry at the time.

One other thing I've noticed is in regards to shipyards. I moved my original shipyard to a different system, and yet when I try to build new things it wants to deploy them to the original system. I pretty sure that's a bug but if not let me know. Makes me wonder what the point of shipyards becomes.

Also, what's the point of orbitals? By which I mean what exactly are they intended to do?

I've still got to fine tune the jumping and placements.

The shipyard is supposed to be an anchor for placing ships bought at the ship dealers.

Will check the server. This is a slighty slower test server. Will move to a faster one when budget allows.

Ron

Alright - so how do I go about repairing my units? Or is that not implemented?
Repairing is in the works. Basically if a ship is next to a ship yard it will be repairable provided you have the credits. Also a fighter or bomber can be repaired next to a carrier. Will implement it soon.

Latest updates and bug fixes - 3/5/2015

• Fixed the deployment into the wrong system. Now which ever system the shipyard is in, that's where your ship will be deployed.
  • Fixed turn interval issue. Now the game interval will be the movement and attack intervals. Games can slow down.
  • Improved functionality of shipyard for faster purchase and deployment.
  • Fixed the jump placement bug
In the works

Allow deployment of new ships to any system with a shipyard or property.
Messaging of action taking place to all users.

Feedback is always welcome! Please try it out and get back to me. Thanks.

I got wiped in the current game - not wholly unexpected. I've got a single asset left, so I'm going to try something and hope it doesn't break the server again.

Hmm...bought and deployed two Hvar'kanns; only one of them is showing up.

I did buy the shipyard first; probably would've been a better stress test of the code to have not bought that first...

Is there a way to earn more money?

Hmm...bought and deployed two Hvar'kanns; only one of them is showing up.

I did buy the shipyard first; probably would've been a better stress test of the code to have not bought that first...

Is there a way to earn more money?

Got the bug, thanks. Have enabled your Hvarkahn. Yes. Simply take over undefended planets, asteroids and installations and you can recoup your credits. Working on a more cimplex economy system.

Okay - that appears to be non-functioning as well. I've been taking over a fair amount of real-estate in Game #2 and I haven't been recouping funding. Also got a couple of craft that appear to be stuck in KM-252 at the moment.

Back