WC3 Special Effects Secret Revealed (April 13, 2005)

Cpl Hades

Mr. Kat
Rylex took a closer look at Plywood Fiend's original music video and noticed something a little odd that no doubt most people have never noticed. In the scene where Thrakhath kills Blair, he lifts Blair off of the ground. A closer inspection of the video reveals what appears to be a human hand giving Thrakhath a helping.. erm.. hand. That sneaky hand may be helping lift Blair up, or it may be preventing Blair from delivering a swift kick to the groin to the Prince. If you think you know what that hand is doing, click the Discuss link below and let us know!

wc3hand2.jpg

--
Original update published on April 13, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's been known about -- I remember watching WC3 scenes off the 3DO port with Joe Garrity and having him point that out years ago.

That hand is clearly trying to steal Blair's boot. Shamefull, just shamefull. The man's a few seconds away from death and someone is already trying to get the guy's boots off of him... :rolleyes:

Its not enough that he's getting clawed to death, but poor Colonel Blair has to have some weirdo groping his leg.

Even if Kilrathi can lift huge weights, shouldn't Blair's weight put a considerable strain on Thrakhath's finger? I mean imagine trying to lift weights with only your index finger.

I'm not sure a kick would be feasible from that angle, and if he tried its likely that Blair would just make the pain worse.

Is there any mention of 'Blair Lifting personel' on the credits list?

Marc said:
That hand is clearly trying to steal Blair's boot. Shamefull, just shamefull. The man's a few seconds away from death and someone is already trying to get the guy's boots off of him... :rolleyes:

He's not going to need them anymore, not to mention the fact that Blair is a celebrity on Earth and Kilrah - his boots might fetch a pretty fair price.

Maybe they used a Mark Hammil puppet, and Thrakath pulled the puppet off the hand. Or maybe Mark Hammil IS a puppet.

:)

yeah I was quite sure that somebody else discovered this video "feature"... I just remember the first time when playing WC3 back in 1995 (yeah a bit late I know but my computer was to slow in 1993/1994) ... I immediately recognized it in the video.

Later I've seen this video more often but I didn't see the effect. Then after watching the music video I saw it again... :rolleyes:
...well...

....I just think the force is not with Mr. Blair in this video scene... :p

...perhaps it's the belping hand of Darth Vader who helpes him a bit up *LOL*
:D :D

if that's not enought, it looks like the Kilrathi Guard in the background is trying to gun rape Blair by putting his gun is Blair's rear turret :eek:

iCe said:
if that's not enought, it looks like the Kilrathi Guard in the background is trying to gun rape Blair by putting his gun is Blair's rear turret :eek:

Guess they let Ginger write part of the script. :(

Cpl Hades said:
In the scene where Thrakhath kills Blair, he lifts Blair off of the ground. A closer inspection of the video reveals what appears to be a human hand giving Thrakhath a helping.. erm.. hand.
You just ruined Wing Commander 3 for me :D

Back