Wc3 Preview Screenshots

TCSTigersClaw

Greek Special Forces B' Company "Naoussa" 2007-200
Does anyone have any Preview Wc3 screenshots ?

I am looking for 4 maybe 5 screenshots that shows A Confed Arrow,identical to the Armada arrow (textures,painting) even the engine glows Green.

Also they show an old, hi resolution design of a Kilrathi Dreadnought.It has different textures and its turrets are also designed and textured differently.

I used to have a magazine with these pics back in 93(I think) but since then I havent seen them.Ive searched a lot and I opened some years ago a similar thread here ,but it looks like they are lost.......:confused:

The images you describe seem reminiscent of the PC Gamer WC3 Preview from 1993 or 1994 that had a shot of the Emperor on the cover. I think the cover may have popped up in the forums before, but a cursory search doesn't throw up anything.

Should be worth googling for back issues/scans. :)

Cheers,

Bryn

I know the screenshots he's referring to, and I have them on a disc somewhere back home. I can probably track them down next month.

They were the first set of screenshots for WC3 released by Origin, and they look slightly different from the finished game. There's at least one partial shot of a Kilrathi capital ship which didn't make it into the finished game (possibly the 'triangle' transport which shows up in the 3DO port and a WC4 cutscene).

Some of them appear in black and white in the Wing Commander III 3DO version of Victory Streak.

WC3 PREVIEW at last!!!

These are some of the Screenshots I was reffering to

I found an old Greek magazine of mine ,lucky me!Look at this fantastic for the time texturing of the first wc3 images.They are just fantastic.

Look the WcArmada textured Arrow and the Kilrathi Dreadnought!!

Back in `94 (the golden Wing Commander Age for me) Wc3 was a huge success here in Greece,Ill translate the Preview and Ill post again.

Please if anyone has the remaining screenshots of the Preview post them.

Attachments

• Wc3Preview2.jpg
    Wc3Preview2.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 216
  • Wing3Preview1.jpg
    Wing3Preview1.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 195
Great work! I'm moving home for a much-needed rest next week... so I'll dig through my collection for the digital version of these images.

Yes please do,LOAF Ive e-mailed you ,to remind it to you.

You have digital screenshots ? Thats great ,Never seen them,only in this old mag I used to have since I was a kid.

Looks like though :( :( no other fan is really interested in these old pics..I expected a little more interest or some comments about WC3 or something...

anyway :)

Speaking of those preview shots, I have the November 94' issue of CD-ROM Magazine which had done early rounds on Wing Commander III prior to its release in the UK. It contains the same shots of that 'missing triangular ship' and the flight deck of the Victory.

I'm sure I have it somewhere, but if or when I find it I'll scan it and send it over.

These are some of the Screenshots I was reffering to

I found an old Greek magazine of mine ,lucky me!Look at this fantastic for the time texturing of the first wc3 images.They are just fantastic.

Look the WcArmada textured Arrow and the Kilrathi Dreadnought!!

Back in `94 (the golden Wing Commander Age for me) Wc3 was a huge success here in Greece,Ill translate the Preview and Ill post again.

Please if anyone has the remaining screenshots of the Preview post them.

Yeah, believe it or not, my cousins from Greece were the one's who introduced me to Wing Commander.

Back