WC3 confusion

Hey there, It seems to me that the Hellcat's guns as listed in the victory streak's stats are different from the in-game version... is it just me? And does anybody know what they were in-game?

in the game engine, the hellcat V are armed with twin Ion cannons and twin Neutron Guns.

I think its the T-Bolt that has the mass driver in the turret,
In WCIII, the longbow is armed with dual plasma and dual neutron cannons (I think the turret has two particle cannons)

Its true, the Victory Streak has differents Weapons for the hellcat.
I dont know if its a mistake or something (its happening ) .
But as Ghost said maybe the Hellcats you fly are an Upgraded version :)

Originally posted by Corsair(pilot)
Ahhhh yes, now I remember... And the longbows had 2 neutrons and two particle cannons right? And a mass driver in the turret?

According to the Ship Database for the Longbow it says it has 2 plasma cannons instead of particle and 2 particle cannons on the turret instead of mass cannons.
https://www.wcnews.com/ships/wc3longbow.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Chris Blair
The Longbow has two Plasma Cannons and two Neutron cannons and a Mass Driver turrent.

thats not the way I remember it, I thought that the Thud had mass drivers in its turret, while the longbow particle cannons in the turret (it has in WC IV and the ship guide) , but I don't have WC III with me at the mo so I can't check

The Longbow carries a formidable array of missile, but I'd rather have an Avenger, because its more manoeuverable and can volley all four torpedos off at once :D

yes, but being able to launch all four would do away with the need to make a second bombing run on particularly hard targets.

("going round again on the bomb run? thats suicide!" first one to name that movie wins a cookie)

Originally posted by Oggy ("going round again on the bomb run? thats suicide!" first one to name that movie wins a cookie)

Damn I know that one...Somthing Mississippi Bell isnt it?

Being able to volley off more than two torps at a time in WC3/4 is kind of pointless because other than the Kilrathi Dreadnaught in the final losing mission in WC3, and the Vesuvius in WC4, no enemy capital ship that you face requires more than two torps to destroy anyway.

However, I do wish that you could launch missiles/torps two at a time in WCP--it is a pain having an enemy ship recharge half its shields before you can launch the second missile.

Stryker wins half a cookie for being half right, its from the Memphis Belle.

I agree with you Ijuin the option to launch a full spread of torpedoes would be welcome in WCP, I ve lost count of the amount of times I been blown away making a second bomb run on bridges and engines of capships (best is when you fire off a torpedo and it gets fragged by turret fire just before it hits the target, what a waste :( )

Originally posted by Oggy
. . .best is when you fire off a torpedo and it gets fragged by turret fire just before it hits the target, what a waste :( )

But that's half an argument for the drawbacks of volleying off more than one torpedo at once. A capship can target a torpedo and kill it (much more effectively in the novels than in the games) so why would you send 4 torpedoes on the same vector if they could be wiped out by hitting one of them and (if the resulting fireball and energy shockwave doesn't destroy the others) then retargeting slightly to hit the others (this is why coordinated Torp strikes from different vectors is the best way to take out a capship- strings out their defenses. I always tell my wingman to attack and follow him up while the capship turrets are trained on him). this is why I never let a volley of missiles go in WC3 because 1 decoy would severly deplete your missile inventory (unless I was tailing a Sorthak in an Arrow or something and I needed to kill it quick).

C-ya

Hmm...
I always stripped the turrets first, and then waited until the last minute to launch torpedoes and break away. That always seemed to work for me. Blame the latter part of it on WC2.

Back