wc3,4,armada meshes for flightcmdr

eddieb

Vice Admiral
During the birthday party, someone asked for me to post this.

A long time ago I moved over just about all the meshes from wc3, wc4, and armada to Flight Commander. The ship stats are wrong, but the meshes should work. This is unsupported, but someone requested it so here are the links.

http://flightcommander.solsector.net/fcwebold/wc12ship_pack.zip
http://flightcommander.solsector.net/fcwebold/wc3ship_pack.zip
http://flightcommander.solsector.net/fcwebold/wc4ship_pack.zip
http://flightcommander.solsector.net/fcwebold/wcarmadaship_pack.zip

Here's a shot of the Goran from Armada:

goran.jpeg

Sweet! I had just done the same for armada, lol...

what format are these in? i put everything in .obj mainly because it's fairly standard and vegastrike can read it.

spiritplumber said:
Sweet! I had just done the same for armada, lol...

what format are these in? i put everything in .obj mainly because it's fairly standard and vegastrike can read it.

A non-standard Flight Commander format. Although now Flight Commander can read .obj files natively as well. Are yours available for download somewhere?

Cool. Just downloaded it. :cool: I put the ships in the shipviewer it kicks me out back to Windows. When I try to play a mission, it gives me the message, "FlightCommander.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". Some fighters models do not crash on me, like the Sorthak, while others like the Behemoth kicks me out. What can be done to fix it?

Ptarmigan said:
Cool. Just downloaded it. :cool: I put the ships in the shipviewer it kicks me out back to Windows. When I try to play a mission, it gives me the message, "FlightCommander.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". Some fighters models do not crash on me, like the Sorthak, while others like the Behemoth kicks me out. What can be done to fix it?

You'll need to remove the capship line from the behemoth, then it works fine. Also, if you have other problems, you might

1) Copy over an existing flight commander .ship.xml file.
2) Change the mesh name
3) Change the 2d image name
4) Change the ship name.

That should do it.

Found the problem with the excal. The mass is a 100. It has to be rather large or else there will be problems.

The xml values for the most all of these ships will be fracked up due to the converter being unable to convert older engine values. The fighters will be easy to fix, but for sure time-consuming. First off, look to the CIC Ships database to input the stats their into their value slots on the xmls (use notepad/wordpad to access the xmls). Do this for velocity, 'burner, armor, shields, etc. Then use trail and error to correct the thruster and mount varibles. You may have to create more mounts to have all the guns and missiles. Use the weapon number xml to find out which number to use for the weapon number slot.

Then compare this xml to the piranha.xml to be sure you have all the values inputed. This will only work for fighters, capships are a different issue entirely, but they also convert better. Post at the Ranger's Glory forums any xmls that you have fixed from this pack.

Thanks.

P.S.: please ask if you have any questions about getting these ships to work or in "fixin'" these xmls.

Thruster Problems

Yeah, so I'm working on converting the Piranha into a Scimitar right? I go to add a third thruster, and I run FC to see if its positioned correctly, and the program kicks me back to the desktop. Why? And is there a way to detail the ships more using say LightWave Modeler, and is there a way to set up a code that will allow you to land on a planet on one a mission?

Thanks.

PS
I thoroughly enjoyed Flight Commander 1.2. Fine job, fine job indeed!

I know how put the ships from each pack in a mission brief but how do add them to a mission?

Unregistered said:
I know how put the ships from each pack in a mission brief but how do add them to a mission?

First off, You can't really PUT them into a mission, You have to take the ship, say a moray, and go into the xml, so moray.ship.xml, and there should be a name, an image, and a mesh file. The name you can put anything you want, with the image, put the image of the ship you want, for example, you want to replace the piranha with an arrow, so you'll put arrow.bmp or something to that affect, and for the mesh, put the .mesh.bin in the place. For the arrow, i think its something like arrowuv.mesh.bin.

hakatsuru said:
Yeah, so I'm working on converting the Piranha into a Scimitar right? I go to add a third thruster, and I run FC to see if its positioned correctly, and the program kicks me back to the desktop. Why? And is there a way to detail the ships more using say LightWave Modeler, and is there a way to set up a code that will allow you to land on a planet on one a mission?

Thanks.

PS
I thoroughly enjoyed Flight Commander 1.2. Fine job, fine job indeed!

Did you change the number of thrusters as mentioned in the instructions? Run the game from the command line, it will give you an error message.

The game can import .obj files, so you'd need to convert to that.

No landing on planets, but if you'd like to add that, the source code is available.

Unregistered said:
In a similar way. Open up the mission.xml file, look for the ship

where it says

ship name="piranha"

change piranha to the name of your ship.xml file. if your file is myship.ship.xml, change this to

ship name="myship"

eddieb said:
Did you change the number of thrusters as mentioned in the instructions? Run the game from the command line, it will give you an error message.

The game can import .obj files, so you'd need to convert to that.

No landing on planets, but if you'd like to add that, the source code is available.

Instructions??? I'm doing this all by trial and error... Little did I know there was a graphical mission editor, I was just going in and editing the xml... I have NO coding experience other than HTML, and found your coding easy to modify... I like it a lot.

Yeah, the source code to landing on a planet would be cool... I have some use for it I think. Overall, I'm trying to create a mod for like a Super Secret Mission kinda thingy set in WC1

Oh, and by the by, what did you use to create the ships and the skins?

Thanks for your help.

hakatsuru said:
Instructions??? I'm doing this all by trial and error... Little did I know there was a graphical mission editor, I was just going in and editing the xml... I have NO coding experience other than HTML, and found your coding easy to modify... I like it a lot.

Yeah, the source code to landing on a planet would be cool... I have some use for it I think. Overall, I'm trying to create a mod for like a Super Secret Mission kinda thingy set in WC1

Oh, and by the by, what did you use to create the ships and the skins?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, there are editing guides at the Flight Commander web page.

http://flightcommander.solsector.net

Please do send me any mods.

I imported existing models, did not create them myself.

The game can also play videos, so this would be an option if you could
create a planet takeoff and landing video.

eddieb said:
Yes, there are editing guides at the Flight Commander web page.

http://flightcommander.solsector.net

Please do send me any mods.

I imported existing models, did not create them myself.

The game can also play videos, so this would be an option if you could
create a planet takeoff and landing video.

As soon as I'm done working out the bugs of my mod, you'll be the first to get it.

Alas, I gots another question: I was tinkering around with the different capships, and I replaced the midway with the Tigers' Claw, and when I went to go fly my mission in my piranha, there was the Tigers' Claw, but with the midway's components around it. I went in to take out the components, but the program kicked me out... Is there a way to combat it? I'd like to be able to change the Midway to a carrier... Thanks

Back