WC:T Minotaurus Class Assault shuttle

Chevieblazer

Spaceman
This is the confederation's assault shuttle. it is loosely based on Howie's minotaur bomber/heavy fighter from wc: pioneer
it is armed with a single neutron turret in the back, and can carry up to 20 marines in full combat armor to any given target.

in case you are wondering: yes there are a number of canon confed shuttles out there, but due to a problem with the boarding craft setup, we can not use those. nexus will most propably only allow shuttles to dock with the nose. i have even asked the devs about this, but they (as devs always seem to do) just did not respond, leading me to believe that the only way to go about this is to construct a shuttle with the boarding point on the nose

Attachments

• Mino1.jpg
    Mino1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 120
  • mino2.jpg
    mino2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 101
Pioneer didn't invent the Minotaur-class... it's a fighter from Action Stations. I don't think it's one of the many classes of bombers AS creates, either.

Yeah, i didnt design nor model the Minotaur with the ship from action stations in mind, in fact the name of the Minotaur has been changed to reflect this.

Which makes re-using the name here even weirder.

Oh, it's not a Concordia-class ship... it's a... Concordian... class... ship!

Well, when i named it originally, i had forgotten that AS had a minotaur in it. It was after we unveiled everything that it was pointed out. I think it's the Hydra right now or something...can't remember off the top of my head, got it written down somewhere.

OUCH!
ok, my sincere apologies to you, Brad thought it was howie.
names can always be changed, i mainly chose this name to reflect its origins. i have considered simply calling it "taurus-class" or greyhound, like the wca shuttle

here's some shots of the complete version:

the last picshow two new things:
first you get a glimpse at the shuttle's rear turret and secondly you see the reflection on the canopy, something new i tried on this one

the underside of the shuttle is so dark because it is its heat shield

Nar - all I did is texture that bad-boy. The ship has been re-named to Hydra, BTW. It's mainly in reference to it's 2 turrets. A multi-headed monster, indeed. Thanks for Loaf and others for pointing the name inconsistancies out.
As for your model, CB, those bumpmaps are really, really distracting. The hullplates look to be far too numerous on the main hull - it really does distract from the overall shape. You might want to tone that down. Other than that - it does look pretty good - but I honestly don't know what you need another shuttle for, being that there was a design open to you (or am I wrong?).

@ loaf:
i guess i fell for fleet tactics again with the greyhound. which doesn't mean i can't use the name

@ howie: i do actually like the bump maps(which is propable an infantile joy about seeing something deemed so difficult actually working), but as you can see in the actual screenshots, they are way less strong there.

no, to my knowlege we don't have another shuttle concept, except for the canon wc ones, which we can't use because we need one with a front docking port. the wc3/4 kilrathi shuttle(i don't dare say the name, as it's propable FT's invention again) looks more promising, it shouldn't be too hard fixing a dock port in front.

this particular piece of nexus coding really sucks. i can't think of any shuttle in any universe(except seaquest, IF you want to count it in) that has a shuttle with a front dock port

There's actually quite a few 'unassigned' shuttles, which makes me wonder why Fleet Tactics decided to make something up. These include the Pelican-class, Tern-class, R-Type and the CF-133d Assault Shuttle (which is the most likely candidate for the shuttle which appears on Academy).

Bandit LOAF said:
the CF-133d Assault Shuttle (which is the most likely candidate for the shuttle which appears on Academy).
Hmm, what makes you say that's the most likely candidate? I don't think the shuttle in Academy assaulted anything... at least as far as I can remember...

i thought the pelican was the wcp freighter?

i suppose, since this "minotaurus" an assault shuttle, this would make it a CF-133d

Hmm, what makes you say that's the most likely candidate? I don't think the shuttle in Academy assaulted anything... at least as far as I can remember...

My logic is that the CF-133d reference comes from a description of it being the shuttle that's sitting ready on the Tiger's Claw's flight deck... which is also where we see the WCA shuttle.

i thought the pelican was the wcp freighter?

i suppose, since this "minotaurus" an assault shuttle, this would make it a CF-133d

Two different Pelicans. Like how there are two different Concordia-classes or two different Wasp-clases.

which makes your first point about the already existing name "minotaurus" pretty moot, since there are so many names in wc with more than one ship belonging to it.
i mean if the cf-133d is an assault shuttle, fine, but the name is just so much better than calling it "shuttle" its really more a type then a name for a ship

which makes your first point about the already existing name "minotaurus" pretty moot, since there are so many names in wc with more than one ship belonging to it.

I would argue that the fact that you immediately bitched there being two ships with the same name made my point.

Back