WC:T Lasari class Frigate

depends. if you compare it to a fralthi or ralari, which have a very broad aft section, yes. if you take sleeker ships, like the snakeir, not really. it looks a bit that way because of the thin "neck"

geistklempnerin said:
i think the kilrathi started making asymmetrical ships in wc3-era?

Not really, the art designers for WC3 just favored asymmetrical designs. From an in-universe perspective, of course not all those designs are brand new in WC3 just a couple years after WC2. People really need to get the idea out of their head that the first time we see something in a WC product is also the first time it's introduced to the timeline. Asymmetrical designs also appear prior to WC3.

Chevieblazer said:
actually, the ships in wc1 and 2 were VERY symetrical
Yeah, but Chris' point is that some ships from WC3 existed long before WC3.

(also, strictly speaking, WC3 is not even the first WC product to feature assymmetrical ships - Armada has that honour)

Quarto said:
Yeah, but Chris' point is that some ships from WC3 existed long before WC3.

(also, strictly speaking, WC3 is not even the first WC product to feature assymmetrical ships - Armada has that honour)

i wasn't denying that. armada ships are the same ships as wc3, though(i think, can only remeber the dralti, though the lost the IV in armada

actually, the armada ships are from SWC. not WC3. Well, the bulk of them, with a few originals thrown in as well.

actually, the armada ships are from SWC. not WC3. Well, the bulk of them, with a few originals thrown in as well.

Of the fifteen ships in Armada eight are original and seven are re-used from previous games. Broken down:

Unique: Arrow, Phantom, Dralthi, Kor-larh, Goran, Lexington, both transports

Reused:
Wraith - Academy Wraith
Gladius - SWC Raptor, Privateer Gladius
Banshee -SWC Scimitar
Shok'lar - SWC Salthi, RF Salthi
Jrathek - Academy Jrathek
Shiraak - SWC Snakeir
Intro Carrier - SWC Bengal

And of all those, the Arrow and the Dralthi are then re-used in Wing Commander III.

geistklempnerin said:
i think the kilrathi started making asymmetrical ships in wc3-era?

Asymmetrical designs were already around, most likely deep in the Kilrathi universe and perhaps used in other wars the Kilrathis were involved in. I have seen asummetrical airplanes before.

Bandit LOAF said:
There's nothing in the continuity about their size or their armament. Wherever you read these was making them up (aside from possibly a CIC update, which speculated as to the latter by counting the number of laser turrets seen on the show).

i was referring to a pic you posted showing the byrd and an archilles, where the byrd clearly dwarfed the achilles.

as for the symetry discussion, i'd say humans have a general tendency for symetrical designs. unsymetrical ones just look odd, which is why aliens, in this case kilrathi get unsymetrical ships to look more alien

What is the difference in armada between lexington and intro-carrier?

They're different ships. The in-game ship is light gray, shorter and wider... the intro/cutscene ship is dark green, longer and thinner.

i was referring to a pic you posted showing the byrd and an archilles, where the byrd clearly dwarfed the achilles.

No, it didn't, because despite what you may have learned at SpaceBattles, it's completely impossible to judge the comparative sizes of two objects in a still picture that has no horizon or equivalent plane of reference.

Back