WC SO ICIS cover page help!

I have recreated my WC SO ICIS book from scratch but I could use some help on the blue background and its glow effect for the front and back cover. I just can't recreate that shade of blue in Photoshop. I think it has a blue background with another semi-transparent color for the foreground. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to submit it for the birthday if possible.
I've attached a pic so you can see what I am talking about. The frame was done but the blue just is not right.

Attachments

• WC ICIS Frame.JPG
    WC ICIS Frame.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 57
Are you sure that blue isn't right? It looks perfect to me.

Could it be that it only "pops" in conjunction with the color of the text against it?

No, it is definitely not right, but it is as close as I can get it. I was hoping that, with as much skill as I have seen on the forums, that some one could help fix it.

What are you comparing with? A paper manual? Recreating pigmentation on computers can be difficult since our eyes blend the discrete ink dots on paper into a uniform colour. Also, is your monitor colour calibrated? It might not be too far off, but within the past year or so I found calibration to have made a big difference especially with comparing screen to paper.

Apparently, at the time of making it, I thought #0092BE was suitable for my on-line copy of the Prophecy ICIS manual. It seems to be quite a bit of a darker shade of blue than yours. But you mention a glow effect. I don't know how that looks like with the SO ICIS manual, but maybe you're right, maybe it's a similar shade of blue but with a translucent white layer overlayed.

Hey Wedge,
You are quite right, color calibration is very important for both screen and printer. You had given me that color code in the past but as you noted it is not correct, It is quite a bit darker.

Yes the Prophecy manual has a very apparent glow effect. I was hoping to recreate that effect, everything else in the manual I have been able to recreate.

If anybody else has any ideas or suggestions, I'm open to them.

Hey Shades, I thought it looked great, the only thing I did was add a tiche of a gradient to help bring a little more depth. It doesn't take much.

Maybe something like this? Very subtle radial gradient from the center, might even look better 1/3rd from the top.

wcmanual.jpg

Back