WC Saga Titles... thoughts.

Edx

Spaceman
"The flagship campaign of Wing Commander Saga, “Front Line of the Devil"

Dont take this the wrong way guys but I prefer simply, "Wing Commander Saga, “Front Line". Whats the "devil" go to do with the Kilrathi? It just seems out of place to me and doesnt really even make sence. Even "Front Line into Hell" make a lot more sence to me, but I think for simplicities sake it makes sence to just go with "Front Line" :confused: .

However, the other campaign name "Wing Commander Saga: the Awakening of the Claw" This sounds like a great title!! The only thing here is it doesnt really make sence when I think about it. Now unless theres something in the story that will make it make sence... whats the "claw"? How can it "awaken"? But this is just picky I suppose, I like this title anyway. I just dont like the other one.

Oh well, I Just thought I'd share those thoughts.

"Awakening of the Claw" would be a good title of a story about Hobbes, how he was programmed, and how he was "awakened" by Thrakhath. It would be interesting to see his programmed identity in conflict with his loyal Kilrathi identity. That would be a great psychological thriller filled with lots of inner conflict.

But I totally digress....

Well, this game looks increadible.. and the title "Wing Commander Saga" is pretty cool. I have to agree though that the subtitles seemed kinda crappy. But I hope they continue spending more time perfecting the game than worrying about the title... "you can't judge a game by its title"... or something like that... might be cool to post ideas for titles here... for the WC3 timeline Saga: "Road to Kilrah" "WC3 Task Force Ops" "Push of the Confed Fleets" "WC3: The Flagship Fleets" "The Path for Victory" (this is a double entendre meaning that these fleets clear the way for the TCS Victory- this is a fav. title) "Cutting the Heart of the Tiger(s)".. didn't put much time into these, just whipped some out to encourage posts..

With Wing Commander Saga: The Path for Victory... I wonder if there's a way to put the TCS in the title.. The Clear pathS for Victory... The Confederation Senses Victory.. The Clear Sign of Victory or something like that... well.. the first might be best... although "Front Line of the Devil" gets people thinking about Jesus which is always a good thing :D

IMHO, the subtitles should give the player an idea of what the chapter is about... but they don't always have to be all that catchy.

(We just got lucky with Chapter One :D).

We had some internal ideas about a new title...but we didn't payed much attention to it...most of us are more concentrating on the game.
Still its nice to see some title ideas from people out of the project...keep it up.

@Eder
Sometimes the simple things are the best..like Chap1 ^_^

a very long time since i posted...but WC Saga makes me sleepless at night and has resparked ideas for my own project after i actually finish my netkar one... grr..

anyway heres some names i thought of.

WC Saga: Line Between War (erm i duno i liked it)
WC Saga: Unseen Reaction (due to blair taking credit :p)
WC Saga: Reign of Blood (because the kilrathi empire falls)
WC Saga: Final Stand (it was a last ditch effort)
WC Saga: Confed Strikes Back (Mark Hamill was Luke Skywalker you know :p)
WC Saga: Fist of the Tiger (as a nod to WC3)

pretty crappy ideas from me

Vermin

Vermin said:
WC Saga: Unseen Reaction (due to blair taking credit :p)Vermin
I like the Unseen part of that title.. not sure about the reaction part.. The Unseen Forces? Unseen Fleets? well.. not really stiking gold with those..

Vermin said:
WC Saga: Final Stand (it was a last ditch effort)
WC Saga: Confed Strikes Back (Mark Hamill was Luke Skywalker you know :p)

pretty crappy ideas from me

Vermin
I don't think those are crappy... the two I quoted above are my favorites of the ones you posted.. Confed Strikes Back is pretty hilarious :D.. but I'm not sure that's what the Saga team is going for ;)

gevatter LARS:
We had some internal ideas about a new title...but we didn't payed much attention to it...most of us are more concentrating on the game.
That's good to hear.. I think working on the game is much more important- I don't even mind if you guys don't post very often- because finishing the game is prob. more important. I don't even care that much if the title ends up as "Wing Commander Saga: Whores Have Herpes".. I'd still want to play it.. I wasn't going to say anything about the title until Edx posted, because I wasn't sure if it was just me.. but if there is enough interest in getting a catchy title without spending time on it- you should ask us posters for ideas and leave the more important gaming stuff to the talented people :)

.. of course we don't know all the situations behind the storylines except for what we've seen posted here... "Front Line of the Devil" could be perfect in certain situations: i.e. Through the story we see the Emperor's head is just a Lion mask and underneath is Satan himself!! Some earthlings begin tatooing 666 on their asses because it seems nothing can stop him as his fleets reach Earth!! In a climactic battle Jesus appears for his second coming and a white light destroys Satan's Kilrathi fleets, just as Blair bombs Kilrah... Christopher Blair is then decleared the newest apostle.. Millions of people end up with a poorly altered tatoo of "888" on their asses... Wing Commander Saga: Front Line of the Devil

Eh, I think you're taking the name far too literally. When someone says "war is hell", they don't actually mean that war is where you go after you die -- and this is pretty much the same euphamism.

(That said, "Front Line of the Devil" doesn't quite parse properly to me. 'Front Line' is top heavy compared to 'Devil', I suppose. I believe it's gramatically correct, it just feels like it's been run through the babelfish... or maybe it's just that you read it and expect it to be a reference to or play on another phrase, but ultimately decide it's not.)

Mjr. Whoopass said:
i.e. Through the story we see the Emperor's head is just a Lion mask and underneath is Satan himself!! Some earthlings begin tatooing 666 on their asses because it seems nothing can stop him as his fleets reach Earth!! In a climactic battle Jesus appears for his second coming and a white light destroys Satan's Kilrathi fleets, just as Blair bombs Kilrah... Christopher Blair is then decleared the newest apostle.. Millions of people end up with a poorly altered tatoo of "888" on their asses... Wing Commander Saga: Front Line of the Devil

:eek: Uh.. lets hope that the SAGA writers havent gone nuts enough to think any of that is a good idea :D .

Ed

Bandit LOAF said:
Eh, I think you're taking the name far too literally. When someone says "war is hell", they don't actually mean that war is where you go after you die -- and this is pretty much the same euphamism.

Yea, I agree but I still think it rasies far too many religious themes when they arent even nesessary or make sence. This is why "hell" is better than "devil" but I still think "Front Line" is a better title. :)

Ed

Okay, I'll free associate a few.
Wing Commander Saga: Endgame
Wing Commander Saga: The Eve of the Apocalypse
Wing Commander Saga: The End of Days
Wing Commander Saga: Their Finest Hour
Wing Commander Saga: Flashpoint
Wing Commander Saga: The Toll of Redemption, or just Redemption
It's too bad "The Price of Freedom" is already taken, I think it would be a good descriptor.
Wing Commander Saga: The Day of Judgment (sorry, T2)
Wing Commander Saga: Break Point
Wing Commander Saga: Crucible, or The Cruicible of Redemption
Wing Commander Saga: The Blood of Martyrs
Wing Commander Saga: Deliverance and Desolation, or just Desolation
I can't say I'm overly fond of any of these at the moment. I'll see if I can come up with some more later.

Ahh! If there's one thing I could force on episode titles, it's that they need to stop being named 'Endgame'.

I think all the big sci fi TV serieses of late have named big episodes 'Endgame' (Voyager, X-Files, Stargate, Xena...). It's so *cheap*. "Oh, we're *ending* something, lets use a popular phrase that has the word 'end' in it!"

Don't call your story 'Endgame' unless you're specifically trying to reference Beckett's play. :) (... or spend time making an extended chess metaphor in the story, I suppose.)

ooh had a few more ideas :D...

WC Saga: Unseen Path (and i like unseen part too)
WC Saga: Unseen Events
WC Saga: Delivering Victory
WC Saga: Wake of War (as in they are clearing path for WC3 to tread in its wake...pure cheese :D)
WC Saga: Final Strike
WC Saga: Iron Fist
WC Saga: Ripple and Effect
WC Saga: Return of the H'rai (well i had to have another star wars refrence)

im out of ideas now...need to reheat my brain case back to the microwave

Vermin

Bandit LOAF said:
Don't call your story 'Endgame' unless you're specifically trying to reference Beckett's play. :) (... or spend time making an extended chess metaphor in the story, I suppose.)

Well there you go...WC SAGA: Checkmate!

Yes, Endgame is probably over-used.
Some more free associations:
Wing Commander Saga: Twilight or Warrior's Twilight
Wing Commander Saga: Trial by Fire
Wing Commander Saga: The Path of the Dead
Wing Commander Saga: Condemnation
Wing Commander Saga: Vindication
Wing Commander Saga: The Call of Victory
Wing Commander Saga: Legacy or Legacy of the Martyrs
Wing Commander Saga: Reign of Fire
Okay, so none of these strike me as great, but we're generating some ideas here.

Back