WC Saga teaser trailers

fact is, most of us are hindered due to RL issues, but we hope that we can get back to work soon

Ah, that's sounds harder than it is actually :) We have seen more busy time, but there is still work going on as always (for example 2 new ships this week) :D

Just you guys do what you have to do. I have but one favor to ask. "Release 2004" needs to changed on the website, to something like "q1 05" or something.

TransAm said:
Just you guys do what you have to do. I have but one favor to ask. "Release 2004" needs to changed on the website, to something like "q1 05" or something.

Does it infuriate you everytime you look at it? Does it make your blood boil and make your fist shake uncontrollably at the screen? Does it make you make this sound?
http://www.edbradshawmusic.com/screech.mp3

:D

Starman© said:
Ah, that's sounds harder than it is actually :) We have seen more busy time, but there is still work going on as always (for example 2 new ships this week) :D
Good to hear StarmanIdon'tknowhowtodothecopyrightsign! It's important to keep clicking along even if you can only do a little. If you want to see a game that's dying a slow death, look at www.aceofangels.com. It's been in beta for about 5 years. It looked really awesome at the start and still looks great.. however, the longer they take, the more out of date the graphics and gameplay are getting- PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE don't let what's happen(ing)ed there happen to you guys!! For the several Christians who have posted on this thread- a little Paul quote: Keep pressing toward the Mark!!!!

Don't worry, if you could sneak into the internal, you would be suprised what's going on there. Actually there is certainly no danger that we might get cancelled, we are working now more than 2 years (I'm with them for 22 months now) and I can't see any lowered motivation within the core team (some small creative-pauses sometimes, but that's it) What's the difference between us and some game-producers ?

They're doing it for earning money, and they cost money by doing so. If their future-sight of the expected earned money get's lowered, so will they start saving their costs in production, which is the beginning of the end, because production is normally equal to creativity in this case.

We on the other side cost no ones money (only other team-members nerves ;) ), and we are doing it for fun at all. But due to this, and the fact that we always upgrading our stuff to make this awesome game even better (I think I finished caernaven Version 5 (!) these days ), we are delaying.

But while we delayed, we had even more improvement. We got a few very important code-changes to the freespace-engine (for example an autopilot-function), which resulted into a complete rework of the campaign-script and so on and so on..... What you can't really see, is that nearly all team-members are playing some sort of wing commander in Freespace all the time for testing-purpose, which the screenshots are proving :)

Fact is, the demo/prologue-release isn't that far away. As soon as I will get the missing voice-lines, it should be done in a matter of weeks (I do missions while others take care of the technicals or the game-balancing).

After that we will give everything we can for the main-campaign which will be not released for a longer time (I'm seeing it very realistic. It will take time, but not that much like you already waited for). We have a campaign with more than 35 missions to build (and you don't want to know how many voice-lines we will have to go after to complete this), and this cost us very much time. Actually some of us have some real life too. If we would get all locked away into a single room with computers (and dancing girls for motivation) we should be finished within 3 or 4 months :D

On the other hand, we will not make a episodic-release. We discussed this a few times, but at least I will use all influence I have to prevent this. I want a full release of a complete game, everything else is out of discussion.

BTW, sorry if our website isn't always uptodate, but we are all busy working on other things. Tolwyn's is always encouraging us to post some news, but no one actually does. :)

C-Ya

Thank you. Thank you for telling us what's left (more or less) to be done. That's all I was hoping for. Is there any way I can offer my services (aside from the voiceovers I've done) to help? The Standoff team is taking a small break right now, so I've got a little time to do things with. (Oh, and, Tolwyn, I've not been able to do those extra Kilrathi voiceovers yet because of my throat. I'll have them soon, though). Whether it be tracking down voice actors and harrassing them for production, or playtesting, I'd be glad to help out. Just let me know. (And, now that I have access to hi-speed internet, testing different packages shouldn't be too difficult).

yes, this sounds like an excellent solution as my life is pretty hectic at the moment and I can barely spend my time on the project. So, actually someone to get voice overs to do their work would be an excellent addition to the team. But we should discuss such things in private :D

Back