WC-Saga mentioned in german magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starman©

Spaceman
Gamestar, one of the largest german computer games magazines, has published an article featuring Wing Commander Saga. The article can be found on the August 2006 issue (available June 28th) on page 153. We have included the scanned version below, and here is a translation of the article itself.

Some pilots get cool callsigns like "Maverick," Ace," or "Duke," but "Sandman?" "Sandman?!" While it may not be the greatest callsign, it really doesn't matter, because some people would gladly call themselves "Buttercup" just to be able to pilot a starfighter and fight the Kilrathi! Very soon they will get their wish, because Wing Commander will be back as a mod for Freespace 2. You will be David "Sandman" Markham, a young fighter pilot who has to prove himself against the Kilrathi. The story of Wing Commander Saga takes place during the Wing Commander 3 era. Through 35 missions you will encounter old friends and new enemies, all with updated graphics. In addition, a multiplayer mode for Wing Commander Saga is also in progress. Best of all, Wing Commander Saga will run without having to own a retail copy of Freespace 2. To that we say, "Enter Sandman!"

gamestar.png

Days months years? Any idea how long some more screen shots would be great :D

Also is work continuing on the main release have you guys chosen what ships will be included any details?

Also in regards to auto slide Ive been looking on the hard light forums could this be an answer to that problem? Also I remember reading some where that a shiven ship in game had a auto slide ability but I could be wrong.

Congratulations on the article.

Someone should send them a letter letting them know there is already a released WC fan project that deserves mention...kind of odd that if they knew about saga they wouldn't know about standoff...

Dundradal said:
Someone should send them a letter letting them know there is already a released WC fan project that deserves mention...kind of odd that if they knew about saga they wouldn't know about standoff...

But they already know.

Magically.

Also, if it wasn't painfully clear to you in the fan project zone, you Saga dorks need to stop harassing other people about their 3D models.

I tried to access the magazin's website, but could not find the quicklink feature.

Does someone have a direct link?

The link leads to the Saga homepage...

The quicklink feature is on the left side but you have to choose "Magazin" first before it appears.

Dyret said:
LOAF thinks you're the ones who were harassing the Homeworld 2 mod guy...

Knows. No other group in the universe is so absolutely petty with *someone elses* ship designs.

Bandit LOAF said:
Knows. No other group in the universe is so absolutely petty with *someone elses* ship designs.

That and the Saga team is the only active group using WC3/4 models.

And I'm not really sure what to think about the implications that posting a "hey look, we're in a magazine!" thread has.

Once finished, I will gladly help mirror it - I've got 250GB/Month to spare, as my website is a grand total of about 70K with no content still (I hate working so much - no time to start the site!).

Nu

t.c.cgi said:

And I'm not really sure what to think about the implications that posting a "hey look, we're in a magazine!" thread has.
Only? What about the HW2 mod?

That's the point -- someone was harassing the HW2 mod because they were daring to use WC3 models.

That's a signature Saga move.

It makes me really darned angry.

t.c.cgi said:

WCU? Assman's project? Both of them use WC3/4 models... I'm not sure if any of them are active though, or if any of them have unbanned members...

You make a good point: jerks can't harass honest projects when they're banned.

Bye, Saga members.

Edit: If you're a Saga member and I didn't ban you, please let me know so I can correct the error.

Has anyone even bothered to ask czacen if the people who pm'd him were Saga members?

At this point, we know the likes of Saga members enough to see their fingerprints all over such an act.

As for checking the PM - one does not need to step into a sewer to know that it stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back