WC Politics

Skyfire

Spaceman
I was wondering if anyone had any answers to any of the following quick questions:

Was the Border Worlds Union an extension, or merger, with the Landreich? Or were they 2 seperate governments?

If they were 2 seperate groups, what were their feelings towards each other?

How are the Border Worlds (and/or Landreich) relations with the Confederation right now?

What are the Kilrathi's status now? I know the kil from the Karga was the last living heir, did he/will he take the throne?

Thanks folks, hope someone has some answers! *looks in LOAF's direction* :)

The Union of Border Worlds and the Landreich Republic are two seperate groups... we know that during the two week conflict the Landreich provided support to the Union...

However, since that time, the Border Worlds and Confed have allied... and the Landreich remains hostile. (In the sequel to False Colors, we would have seen a war between Confed and the Landreich).

The Border Worlds works with Confed now -- they have an officer exchange program and such... and they rely on Confed for at least some of their defense (according to the SO fiction).

Had the sequels to FC been written, Murragh would have taken the throne -- but as of Prophecy, there's still a Kilrathi civil war going on.

Yeech, so much novel stuff...

What gives the Landreich reason to be hostile to Confed? Is Doomsday part of the Landreich? I think I read that somewhere, long ago.

The Kilrathi civil war... is that the Feudal planets WCP alludes to?

Last answer first -- yes. The Kilrathi civil war is mentioned in the WCIV novel too... a bloody five-way planetary based conflict.

As for the Landreich -- last we heard, Confed wasn't happy about the fact that they were jeapordizing the treaty with the Kilrathi by continuing to fight Ragark...

And Ragark is who? Or what? A warlord? I don't think Confed should be held responsible for what other factions do - or is that part of the Treaty?

A warlord -- apparently the Kilrathi don't discern between Terran political groups... a human violating the treaty is a human violating the treaty.

And Kilrathi raiders? I can imagine the war flaring up again because of a stubborn few. But the Kilrathi did surrender, didn't they? How much did they get in setting conditions?

Well, Melek surrendered -- but a lot of Kilrathi don't recognize that. Ragark, for instance, was building up a fleet capable of taking on the Landreich...

What about the oh-so-important question of the UBW capital? :D

Is it Circe? Is it not Circe? Does it really matter?

Oh...so many choices! :D

Back