WC III KS finally works!!!

Lunitari

Spaceman
It worked for me anyhow. I applied the Windows 2000 patch, selected Win 2000 compatibility, then turned down my sound hardware acceleration to basic. Works like a charm now.

Well, it worked like a charm for a little while. Locked up again after a video sequence. :( Does this game work for anyone with Windows XP SP2?????

Yep, i've sp2 and it works fine. i've selected no compatibility and maximum sound hardware accelaration but i have to alt-tab during the wc3 intro and set the priority to Normal in the task manager.
But the game still freezes from time to time randomly, i guess i've to live with that.

When my game freezes, it seems like it is always when I drag my mouse cursor to move around the ship....i.e. going from the bridge to the elevator and such. I don't understand why it is a sporadic problem. Other than that, the game runs great. There has to be a way around this. I wish HCI could make one of his famous patches to cure this problem. He got my Privateer 2 and Prophecy games running right.

my game freezes when i'm about to change location on the victory,too, but it's pretty rare, i ust have to save often enough.

Yeah, the "change priority" thing and saving a lot is good enough. Even more because the game rarelly or never crashes in-flight, and you can save in the first screen you see after landing.

BTW, I think it was another guy who made the P2 patch.

Same for me....it never crashes in-flight. The problem is that it freezes up my whole system and I can't return to the desktop. If I could get back to the desktop it would not bother me at all, I would just load a saved game. Having to reboot my system is, shall we say, most inconvenient

XP compatibility problem

I can't get my WC3 KS to go past the intro video and Prophecy shows the viseo like it is on fast forward. Any ideas on how to fix it?

The Prophecy video skip patch can be found at http://www.wcrevival.de/hcl/ Both problems may be a case of the soundcard hardware acceleration being set to a certain level. Prior to applying the Prophecy patch, you'd need to turn the acceleration all the way down to avoid the video speedthroug. Meanwhile, Kilrathi Saga wants the acceleration turned all the way up to get the video to play at a reasonable speed. You might check what yours is at in your control panel soundcard advanced options.

Lunitari said:
Same for me....it never crashes in-flight. The problem is that it freezes up my whole system and I can't return to the desktop. If I could get back to the desktop it would not bother me at all, I would just load a saved game. Having to reboot my system is, shall we say, most inconvenient

yeh thats exactly wot happens to me - a good way around it i found is to hold down start key+r (to bring up run dialogue box (althou u wont see it)), then type 'explorer' then press enter

this ll bring u to a 16 color mode or sumthin at a crappy resolution - but at least u can right click the taskbar and close WC3 :)

one thing i have found which stopped the video sections stuttering at ALL when im playing them (althou I still have that error where occasionally at the end of a vid sequence it jus hangs), is to use DAEMON tools and mount an image of the WC3 CD.

Be careful thou, when u install DAEMON, turn off autostart and automount at startup, as i was stuck at the bootscreen with the XP symbol, had to go into safe mode and use system restore :s

still thou it is handy as long as ur careful :)

WC3 - KS seems to be working fine for me... i just got one error and that was after watching the clip with rollins where blair bitches him out about rumors, when i click on the 'go to elevator' the game would crash. so i just flew the mission and then saved and it was fine...

i did get a weird error when installing WC2 - KS, something about a wav file not being copied over

Hi
I have a joystick problem in WC3KS & WC4(with Win95 patch): in the menu the cursor
moves very fast and in flight mode the joystick is not functional. I have P4 2.4, 1G RAM, GeForce 5200, Win XP Home, Genius F16 Flightpad
THX

While in flight, hold ALT+O and see if Joystick is enabled as the primary flight control method.

Back