WC:CD "Devastator"

JasonRocZ

Vice Admiral
Just showing some of the newer updated Craft too.

Attachments

• dev1.jpg
    dev1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 243
  • dev2.jpg
    dev2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 227
  • dev3.jpg
    dev3.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 214
The textures look rather blurry. This and some of the rough edges on some changes make it look worse than the actual Devastator that was in Secret Ops. Since the ship is already in the game you're trying to mod, can you start with that and make changes from there?

now that i look at it i did'nt really change the MAT image on this and the original is actually that blurry...either A.) my monitor is blurry when I started doing this model....or b.) I was drinking when doing this model....either way i can't remember which :) but I definately will revisit this one within the next day or 2.

I’d like to say that the devastator is the best Cap killer there is a because of it’s plasma gun. If you can put it the three devastators in close formation to take down a Cap ship it will go down a lot faster then taking the time to lock on a torpedo. This devastator look like it will be faster then the Secret Ops version but still slower then the shrike. That’s why I think the devastators don’t need torpedoes with it having that plasma gun. All it would need are a lot of missiles to fight off the enemy fighters.

On WCP and WCSO the devastator is that much more relevant because it can destroy capships even if it run out of torpedoes.

Here's some more preliminaries for an updated Devestator, (I'm still working on the textures).

Attachments

• dev01.jpg
    dev01.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 133
  • dev02.jpg
    dev02.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 153
This is just a thought, but I was wondering if it might be interesting to have the devastator as a successor to the thunderbolt. Having that large tail/wing section on the devastator might look nice and tie it in well. I like how your earlier design was progressing. How come you decided to scrap that approach?

dev02_mod.jpg

This is just a thought, but I was wondering if it might be interesting to have the devastator as a successor to the thunderbolt. Having that large tail/wing section on the devastator might look nice and tie it in well. I like how your earlier design was progressing. How come you decided to scrap that approach?

View attachment 3877

Well I'm probably going to stick with it's role as a bomber. But you have given me a really good idea on perhaps how the design should go. In WC Arena We see that alot of the fighters/bombers all have beefed up armor (except in there stock form). Even though the Devestator has a good amount of armor at the moment. It would be possible and feasible to add on to the Devestator wing areas and make it seem heavier....More armament, More armor, But perhaps a little slower (WC Arena shows the heavier the ship the slower). Good idea on that sketch!

Also the previous is on my other computer that's at the shop. Along with the rest of my WC:CD Project (Which Hopefully I'll get back sometime soon).

Well I'm probably going to stick with it's role as a bomber. But you have given me a really good idea on perhaps how the design should go. In WC Arena We see that alot of the fighters/bombers all have beefed up armor (except in there stock form). Even though the Devestator has a good amount of armor at the moment. It would be possible and feasible to add on to the Devestator wing areas and make it seem heavier....More armament, More armor, But perhaps a little slower (WC Arena shows the heavier the ship the slower). Good idea on that sketch!

As far as the "Devastator" is concerned it will be featured prominently within the WC:CD Mod, The Broadsword is also featured pretty extensively but both ships have there own strengths and weaknesses, the Broadsword may be a lil faster and more menueverable, The Devastator is heavier armed and armored but ultimately slower. so I'm going to detail the **** outta this one :) With some new features to the armament and armor think......M1 Abrams, Think T-72, THINK TANK!!!

Here's some updated shots...Still a WIP progress but it's coming along nicely.

Attachments

• Dev3.jpg
    Dev3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Dev02.jpg
    Dev02.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Dev01.jpg
    Dev01.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 126
Here's some more shots of the Devastator...

I went back to my post of "Think Tank" And I really think this takes that cake... I also wanted to make it look like something that would be more towards Arena"esq" type fighters. Enjoy... And also the turrets are not there but I just included the textures to show where they'll be. I tried to keep it as close to the original as possible but...that proved to be time consuming. Look you can actually see the cockpit now! Bwahaha

Attachments

• Dev4.jpg
    Dev4.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Dev5.jpg
    Dev5.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Dev6.jpg
    Dev6.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Dev7.jpg
    Dev7.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Dev8.jpg
    Dev8.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 123
Here's some comparison shots of the original and the New...

Attachments

• Dev9.jpg
    Dev9.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 146
  • Dev10.jpg
    Dev10.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Dev11.jpg
    Dev11.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 158
Please don’t take this the wrong way but I hate you but I love your work you got the skills I wish I could have. But she looks powerful more powerful then the original I hope the extra engine mean that she’ll move faster and her size that she’ll have more fuel for it. I can’t wait to fly her and kill as many bug cap ships that I can. But one more thing couldn’t you make a ship like the dragon were it has and infinite amount of afterburner fuel cause you know it can be done and it would save on some supplies if they don’t need to waste fuel on all there fighters at least that’s what I think.

I'm not really sure I was thinking that the Devastator would be a lil quicker...Have a different loadout for weapons, be lil more maneuverable, But at a cost of a lil less in the shields. Here's the stats so far.

Class Class A Torpedo Bomber
Length 36.00 meters
Mass 31 metric tonnes
Default Max Velocity 370 kps
Max Velocity 430 kps
Min Velocity 96 kps
Afterburner Velocity 1020 kps
Afterburner Fuel 100
Y/P/R 65/65/90 deg/s
Guns Heavy Plasma Cannon (1)
Gun Power 680
Turret Laser (1) [5]
Enhanced Missile Loadout 1x6 FF, 1x6 IR, 1x10 ELT, 1x4 ET, 1x36 Mine
Decoys 48
Front Shield 410 cm
Rear Shield 380 cm
Front Armor 550 cm
Rear Armor 550 cm
Right/Left Armor 390 cm
Jump Capable Yes

I'm sorry to say but....There's actually a little less fuel...Due to The Afterburner velocity being much more for a Torpedo bomber...It's meant to strickly go for the "Torpedo Run" and go full throttle at the capital ships themselves while making the run....It hasn't been all that great at extended battles as the newly recommissioned A-17 Broadsword Executioner has been. But it is a great ship for Torpedo runs...In and out, is what it's built to do....Whatever you do after that is up to you.

I see you took out the Tachyon cannon the Secret Ops version had but taking way form shields I think is a bad idea. By the look you to out the tachyon cannon to make room for more torpedo’s and shield power to for more armor but this is a plasma toting cap killer and why not take some of the power on the gun that’s only good for shooting cap ships down a bit and use that energy for the shields. The gun chart says that the plasma gun needs 220 energy to shoot and 2000ms to fire again you could but your gun energy at 500 and still have a good amount of energy to kill a cap shit and live. Then put that energy into the shields to hold of fighters a little longer and not have to hope that all the extra armor holds up. But then again I all ways use my plasma gun to kill the cap ships cause the look time is a pain for me but that’s me.

Keep in mind The Devastator is not the only ship with guns n which are plasma....I toned down the Plasma gun...to have less damage but a faster refire rate, It's still slow but it's no longer Devastator specific. Plus note that the armor has been increased

why not take some of the power on the gun that’s only good for shooting cap ships down a bit and use that energy for the shields. The gun chart says that the plasma gun needs 220 energy to shoot and 2000ms to fire again you could but your gun energy at 500 and still have a good amount of energy to kill a cap shit and live. Then put that energy into the shields to hold of fighters a little longer and not have to hope that all the extra armor holds up.

In the Vision engine, players can manually divert power between engines, guns, and shields. If your playing style is to divert the gun power to the shields, then you are free to do so.

I tried to make the gun look like it was coming outta the mouth of the ship, Seeing how it was such a staple point for the ship in general, I figured why not highlight that area a lil bit. :D

Back