Vote: Who has the final say on things?

Who is the project leader, AND who should have the final say about what goes in WCU?

• use the other poll please ^^;

Votes: 9 81.8%

Votes: 2 18.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm a little sorry it came to this, but hey. :)

I'm going to put myself and LOAF as the two choices because that's what seems to be the people who are involved -- if anyone else wants to be in the poll say so :)

Also, I understand that it's an American tradition for a candidate to vote for their opponent, so that's wha I'm doing.

This pool is not a good idea.

While LOAF remains the best canon-checker you can get, the fan projects are managed an by its leaders and it should be unquestionable that a project leader should have all the decision powers to mamage their projects.

If you don't listen to LOAF's suggestions, well, it's your problem. But you still have to remain the boss. The worse thing that could happen then is that you project will suck bad and that no WC fan will care.

I agree with you, but LOAF seems to be very upset about not being in charge... which is why I wanted to give it to a third person and someone who is uninvolved in politics. Plus well I'm trying to be as fair as possible with things... I just hope I've done a good job so far, my big goof-up was bringing Michelle into this or trying to...

spiritplumber said:
I know that, but LOAF seems to be very upset about not being in charge... which is why I wanted to give it to a third person and someone who is uninvolved in politics.
I don't remember reading that anywhere. Usually LOAF don't want to run fan projects; he only cares about the fan project being

• True to WC
  • That makes sense canon-wise
  • That is fun

Just consider his suggestions.

I have no issue, emotional or political with the project's current leadership structure.

I certainly feel insulted that any suggestion I make is rebuffed with silly labels -- but my offer to take charge of the project is completely in response to Spirit's direct request for someone to take the job. I think I would do a great job of designing the game... but I'm happy to let the poll results decide the issue.

I have been! (I think). The only thing we're disagreeing about is Drayman turrets, which is a silly thing anyway... I already stated that I'm leaving them in until the game balance can do with out. Why? Because it's easier to hit DEL a bunch of times than to remove them too early and then have to fish out a backup as to where they were on the ship, how far they can turn and so on. :)

*looks at poll* Well now at least I know LOAF voted :)

Sorry for editing the poll, I noticed that I wasn't making clear that "final say" and "running the project" aren't the same thing.

Since technically I'm guilty of tampering with the vote, I'll have to vote for LOAF again :) I'd rather vote for option 3 or 4 honestly.

Poll limit is 1 week now.

I think it's horrible that a moderator CAN change a vote if they wanted to... that's so immature... I promise I won't, I just wanted to add the extra options.

Bandit LOAF said:
[...] but my offer to take charge of the project is completely in response to Spirit's direct request for someone to take the job. I think I would do a great job of designing the game... but I'm happy to let the poll results decide the issue.
Ok, then, sorry I missed that part.

If I really had to decide wich kind of direction I'd like for WCU to take I'd really prefer LOAF's pragamtic views over spiritplumber's "trow in everything WC we ever saw in every time period in every game in it" way of doing things. ... But, I strongly believe that a fan project's being a pet project we cherish, it should stay in spiritplumber's hands, even it it makes WCU suck so bad nobody ever care to play it.

Bottom line is, can't you two just team-make it ?

Wait, this is crazy, you deleted all my votes and changed it so that there's three different options for me now? This makes no sense.

Yeah, you deleted all the existing votes but won't allow people who already cast them to vote again.

Pretty cheap move.

Back