Vintage Prop Action Delivers Glorious High Res Costume Pics (April 2, 2024)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
The recent Heritage Auction of material from Planet Hollywood included several Wing Commander costumes! Which means there are some great high resolution photos to share. Here's Mark Hamill's flight suit from Wing Commander IV:

And here is Malcolm McDowell's Black Lance uniform from the same game! (Note that the rank insignia on the cuff is there incorrectly.)

Here are some photos of the event where these costumes were donated to the restaurant in 1996 just a few days before the game was released. They got some good press out of it!

On the other hand, I didn't even know Mark Hamill's Wing Commander Prophecy flight suit had been in Planet Hollywood's collection. Guess the same trick doesn't work twice! (Or three times, Planet Hollywood got a movie Rapier at one point too...)

There was also a great photo by of some loose rank insignias up close. Can you identify them?

--
Original update published on April 2, 2024

I'm a sucker for the Terran uniform in WC4. If I had the money I'd buy a set (assuming it's available somewhere) and wear it at Halloween parties.

Back