Video Question

Kevin Caccamo

Rear Admiral
I have the Shotglass conversation video recorded, but not compressed. The video would not play in WC1 Remake. I copied the video along with the sound file to the FC 1.5 directory and I replaced the Stiletto conversation video. The video would play fine in Flight Commander 1.5. Is there a file I am missing in the WC1 Remake directory?

First, you should be using the new FC 1.5 engine, not previous beta releases.

Once you're doing that, read the gameflow editing documentation. You'll need to change your gameflow.xml and create a mission.gameflow.lua file for that particular mission. Look at how I did it for the first mission that comes with 1.5.

I did it the same way you did it, and I believe I am using FC 1.5, but not the alpha version.

log.txt said:
Flight Commander 1.5

And ever since the Alpha release, I've updated my gameflow.xml so it is compatible with FC 1.5.

I made a separate gameflow LUA for mission 1 so that you could click on Shotglass to talk to him.

Basically, I think I did it the same way you did. When I click on shotglass, I see one frame of the video and then it goes back to the gameflow.

Hmm, maybe it's a video problem then. Is the size (width and height) of the video the same as the size of my video? Did you remove the sound from your avi file?

Try playing one of my videos, but with your exact setup in wc1remake. Just change the video filename and sound filename used in your script. That will tell us if it's a video problem or not.

If that doesn't work, send me all the relevant files via email, and I'll have a look.

It didn't work. All I got was one single frame of the video that displayed for about a millisecond, and then it went back to the regular gameflow. Every time it went back to the gameflow, the command line would say "using wc1s1m1.gameflow.lua for gameflow scripting."

Back