Vega 1 (Some Spoilers!)

Iceman16

Vice Admiral
Hey, so I'm on the first mission in Vega, I get through most of it fine but the part with the ace gets me no matter what I do, is he invincible? The first time I tried it I didn't have any missiles left but he just absorbed everything I had and killed me like it was nothing. Second time I saved all my missiles but he killed me before I could fire one off. Is he just incredibly hard? Any tips on how to deal with him?

Hey, so I'm on the first mission in Vega, I get through most of it fine but the part with the ace gets me no matter what I do, is he invincible? The first time I tried it I didn't have any missiles left but he just absorbed everything I had and killed me like it was nothing. Second time I saved all my missiles but he killed me before I could fire one off. Is he just incredibly hard? Any tips on how to deal with him?
Don't attack him head on. Evade him and kill his buddies.

I don't know which difficulty settings you use, so here some general tactics:

- don't get hit by missiles (seriously), especially avoid flying directly into the swarm of cats.
- the ace is not much more armored than the rest, so if you concentrate on him and stay on his tail he should not take that long before he runs.
- You have two possibilities for dealing with his wingmen: Either save some missiles and hit them first, and hit them hard. The second one is ignore them and go after the ace. This is the preferred tactic on easy mode I think, otherwise you have to fly really good in order not to get blown to space dust.

(SPOILERS AHEAD)

- he is supposed to get away so once he starts to hit afterburners and fly away you don't follow him. He becomes invincible.

Back