Usage of ship sprites from the DB for music visualizer

Evan

Rear Admiral
Hello there!

Long time no see. Even though I am not active in the forums, I am still dropping by from time to time to read your news. You are still awesome!

I am preparing a new release of a song, which should be out next week and I am doing a small animation loop to visualize the song a bit. It should look like the hyper space scene of Star Control 2 and I thought it would be nice to include some WC ships as easter eggs here and there just casually flying by from a top-down perspective. So here's the question:

Do you think it's okay to include some of the sprites from your ship database in the video or would that be an issue?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work :).

Cheers
Evan

It would certainly be fine from our perspective and we'd love to see the end result!

Electronic Arts owns the rights to Wing Commander so I guess in theory they could complain but I've never seen them bother with anything like that at all.

Awesome, thanks for your response! Then I will include the sprites and see if EA complains :D.

And of course I will post the video here as soon as it is ready :). Just don't expect too much ;).

Back