Update-Time

Dishwasher said:
Still Looks awesome peeps,
Would be nice to be able to play the prologue once I finished Oblivion ^^

Hard to say. Actually I planned to BEGIN playing Oblivion soon, which could delay the mod a little longer :D

Lt.Death100 said:
Yes, 2011 seems like when you finish Oblivion and WCS comes out.:D

We might get it done 1 year earlier :)

As for the debris and the explosions, these are still two things on our ToDo-List.

1) I think we have a good chance of getting this cool explosion flash back that the WC-Games had, this was always one of my favourites effects.

2) The debris-system is still a little problem. The engine requires to blow out some parts with a decent speed and rotation. When I would make a huge spacehunk like in the original games, it could react really strange :( Usually I have now two debris-pieces for fighters and three or maximum 4 for bigger ships.

But I think it will be possible to make those small glowing "popcorns" stay there a little longer (but not to long, since they are in each explosion, could become bad for the performance in bigger battles).

Starman© said:
(...)
As for the debris and the explosions, these are still two things on our ToDo-List.

1) I think we have a good chance of getting this cool explosion flash back that the WC-Games had, this was always one of my favourites effects.

Yes, that'd be really cool; that was also one of my favourite.

Starman© said:
2) The debris-system is still a little problem. The engine requires to blow out some parts with a decent speed and rotation. When I would make a huge spacehunk like in the original games, it could react really strange :( Usually I have now two debris-pieces for fighters and three or maximum 4 for bigger ships.

But I think it will be possible to make those small glowing "popcorns" stay there a little longer (but not to long, since they are in each explosion, could become bad for the performance in bigger battles).

I think it's cool enough as it is. Especially the little explosions before the big explosion engulfs the vessel look very good (or well?) and also reminded me of WC2 capship explosions.

Thanks for the update, Starman!

The project looks to be coming along nicely. During the first video clip, fighterwing launch, three ships fly past the hanger before the flight launches -- was this scripted or just the game's AI doing it's thing? Either way, that sort of touch adds much to the immersiveness factor. :cool:

Great work!

I scripted that intentionally (It's the CAP-Wing cruising around the battle-group, I just timed them so that they fly before the hangar-entrance at that point). IMO it adds a nice touch to the game atmosphere :) When the situation allows it, I make such small details for better realism, it gives more life to the game.

What do you people people think of the moving runway-lights btw? It was quite a pain adding nearly hundred glowpoints per carrier-model, but I really like that feature :)

Starman©

Unregistered said:
I scripted that intentionally (It's the CAP-Wing cruising around the battle-group, I just timed them so that they fly before the hangar-entrance at that point). IMO it adds a nice touch to the game atmosphere :) When the situation allows it, I make such small details for better realism, it gives more life to the game.

What do you people people think of the moving runway-lights btw? It was quite a pain adding nearly hundred glowpoints per carrier-model, but I really like that feature :)

Starman©
Hello there Mr. Unregistered! Looks like you forgot to login.:)

Starman© said:

Starman©

To be honest, I didn't see it until you mentioned it. But I am not very good at catching details anyway. It's a nice touch though I don't know if it is worth the trouble when people like me don't realize it. Maybe red lights wouldn't be so easily overlooked.
Is it intentional that they only start at the last fourth of the runway?

Yes, I have red/white ones on the frontside, and blue/red at the back for landing. But I have to admit, that they are better visible ingame, those videos lack a little sharpness

Mekt-Hakkikt said:
Maybe red lights wouldn't be so easily overlooked.

Ok, I take it back: I didn't see the red ones either. :)

I just thought the lights should cover a longer part of the runway. But as it is so much work, never mind: it's cool it's in at all.

Back