Unknown Flags

Milatry

Petty Officer
I don't know if this was asked but I've been looking around and haven't found any signs of there being any flag for the Free Republic of the Landreich after all they've been through they should have a flag and I've never heard of them but the Andorran Republic flag cant be a just the image of the sun like i see it at AceNet Central. If there is one of them can someone show it to me?

The Andorra Republic was something silly the Aces Club made up for their fanfic -- they're not actually anything from Wing Commander.

The Landreich flag is a white St. Andrew's cross on a black starfield, impaled by an upright sword with "Freedom Through Strength" is written below.

Thanks for clearing that up but there’s one more thing dose anyone know why no one has put the Landreich in any game there only in the books and the make just as much a difference in the was as the Border Worlds and there’s more game time on them then on the Landreich why is that?

In all the game time in total, the Border Worlds only play a small part themselves. If they went and did make off-hand references to them during the game's dialog, it would just confuse the majority of players who have no idea what the Landreich are. The only way they can insert things like that is to do it in a big way, and there simply hasn't been a reason to do this for many things.

Milatry said:
Thanks for clearing that up but there’s one more thing dose anyone know why no one has put the Landreich in any game there only in the books and the make just as much a difference in the was as the Border Worlds and there’s more game time on them then on the Landreich why is that?

One of the purposes of the Landreich is to give Wing Commander novels the ability to tell 'large' stories without affecting the continuity of the games. Novel writers could do whatever they wanted with the Landreich without effecting the overall shape of the Wing Commander universe. Ie, you can't write a book about the Confederation being invaded by the Kilrathi... but you can write that story in the Landreich and have it not effect the next game at all.

Back