Unable to purchase new ship

U

Unregistered

I can't get the ship merchant to offer me a new ship. =o(

No matter how much money I have, he always tells me that I don't have enough and that I need to go get more cash. I've got over 100k credits in cash plus the ship for trade-in and he still won't let me purchase any new ship.

In addition, he never says how much any of the ships actually cost. In place of the old text where he used to say the price of the ship and how much he'd give you for your trade-in and the difference, he now says "You know the retail of this ship--we can use your ship for tradeins plus extras--including your cash on hand that still leaves you short."

Reinstalled to a new folder (previous install was over old Privateer folder) and get the same problem.

Tried saving and reloading and get the same problem.

WinXP
privgold10.exe

Any thoughts?

ArchAnjel
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi

You need
125.000 to buy the Orion
150.000 for a Galaxy
200.000 to get a Centurion

Your equipment won't be moved to the new ship.

Hehe that is a very good question! Wasn't it 75.000?
I'll fix the price in GG 1.01, still wonder why it was increased in the first place hmm...

Well, that explains it. Heh heh. I was expecting it to be 75k like back in the old days.

As long as you're addressing this matter, do you think you'd be able to get him to say something along the lines of:

"The ship you're looking at retails for X credits. I could take a trade-in of your current ship with all the extras for about Y credits."

If X is greater than Y, "That leaves a balance of X-Y so you'll need to come up that in cash. Looks like you have Z credits on you right now."

If X is equal to or less than Y, "That seems like a fair trade to me and you'll get the difference back in cash."

If Z is equal to or greater than X-Y, "Shall I wrap it or do you want to wear it home?"

If Z is less than X-Y, "Come on back when you've scraped together another X-Y-Z and we'll get you all set up."

I'm sure you have a lot on your plate. Just a suggestion. Thanks much.

ArchAnjel
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Back