Uh-oh, Sim glitch

Aplha 1-1

Spaceman
1st I'd like to thank everybody involved for releasing such a well written game :cool:
Played throught both episodes after a clean install and overall a great game I did find a few bugs :(
In chapter one some of the briefing speech gets cut off when new blips appear on the map, I'm sure it never did this before but nothing major since you can still read the rest.
Now onto the sims missions....
In mission one I just finished wave 5 and after the computer told me I was re-armed and fueled the shields/armour display 'cloned' itself forming a pretty 800x600 border around the screen (I'm running at 1024). After attempting to replicate the glitch it seems it only happens sometimes if the damage VDU is on while you get reloaded. Hitting D again cleans the screen up to normal.
Nice touch with the trainsim music though :)

Yeah, sometimes weird things happen with the VDU in the sim missions. We don't really know why it happens - it's probably some bug in the DLL patches we have in Standoff. In any case, it seems mostly harmless :p.

yup, I just wanted to post the same error, though it happened somehwere after wave 11 or 12 maybe. I won't post the screenie then. BTW, it doens't remain there for long, so it no real problem... Great work on everthing guys!

Speaking about glitches, I noticed that torpedoes cannot lock on Kamekhs or Dorkathi. According to WC2 logic, they should. Any chance of fixing that?

Not unless we make them a) sit around and do nothing like larger capships and b) invulnerable to anything but torpedoes. :p

yup, thats another thing that i don't like about the prophecy engine.... But I think it works this way.. Although killing a kamekh with a few gunshots feels wrong.
But, i think I got a small error. Its duering the briefings: the voice plays for a while, but then, after a random line, it cuts of. I'm not sure, but I think i had this with Prophey too. Is it caused by new drivers or too fast computer?

lorddarthvik said:
But, i think I got a small error. Its duering the briefings: the voice plays for a while, but then, after a random line, it cuts of. I'm not sure, but I think i had this with Prophey too. Is it caused by new drivers or too fast computer?
Might be any of those things. I personally have never had this problem, and only one staff member reported having it (...it was Tempest - so you know we didn't take it seriously :p). Off the top of my head, I would suggest the following solution - in the launcher, switch off the sound-skipping fix, and then turn off DirectX sound hardware acceleration to compensate. Let me know if this works.

Quarto said:
Might be any of those things. I personally have never had this problem, and only one staff member reported having it (...it was Tempest - so you know we didn't take it seriously :p). Off the top of my head, I would suggest the following solution - in the launcher, switch off the sound-skipping fix, and then turn off DirectX sound hardware acceleration to compensate. Let me know if this works.

It's nice to be loved. :p

another boo-boo

When I fly the Broadsword it shows that im flying a ferret on my VDU? You cant get more dissimilar except for the mass drivers. Nothing to wet my pants over though.

I'm also having a problem. Whenever there is a cutscene video, it skips about 2 of 3 frames, so it looks like someone is fast forwarding the video. Is this some resolution/speed problem?

Fatcat, you have to disable sound acceleration on dxdiag.exe... But first try the anti-video-skipping patch on Standoff´s starting menu´s Options.

Fleeballs, I´ll have to check that later for you.

Back