Trojan IV Naval Yard Gets Busy (July 12, 2011)

I did some work on the conning tower/bridge area. Lots of little details, very challenging. It's nowhere near being done, but here are some progress pics.
100_0807.JPG
100_0808.JPG

Hopefully these pics are a little more enjoyable. The camera on my Ipod touch is really a piece of crap, and that's what I usually have access to. If anybody knows anything about photographing models, give me a few tips, as I am lost

These aren't too bad. Some basic tips: Have the light shining on the ship, not behind it. Position the ship on clean uniform backgrounds instead of in front of miscellaneous objects/clutter. Let the camera's auto-focus focus. Hold the camera more steady or set it down on something. Frame your shots so you can get several good angles on the ship itself and the detail you're working on.

These aren't too bad. Some basic tips: Have the light shining on the ship, not behind it. Position the ship on clean uniform backgrounds instead of in front of miscellaneous objects/clutter. Let the camera's auto-focus focus. Hold the camera more steady or set it down on something. Frame your shots so you can get several good angles on the ship itself and the detail you're working on.

Thanks for the tips. The model is almost finished. I'll be sure to post some really nice shots when she's done. I haven't been too worried about a clean background or shot clarity thus far because I'm mainly just documenting the construction. Eventually, I'll set up a little studio and figure out how to get some really purty pictures. :D

Back