To anyone who has the WCIV DVD

asher_cross

Spaceman
I ask a favor of you.

Is it at all possible to give me the working VOB file for Vagabond's death? It doesn't work on both the first and replacement DVDs I received.

If you can do this, I would VERY MUCH appreciate it. Please reply or private msg me if you'd be willing to do this.

about the wc4 dvd version

hi, where can i get this working version?
been looking for it some time now but havent been able to find it, i have the pc cd DOS version of the game but would like to get my hands on the working dvd vesion.
if someone can help send me a message.

Madman said:
what number is it? the vob file i mean, and which side?

It's file 1330A, on side A. If you have to, you can convert it to an AVI fle if you can, but just the VOB will do. You could either attach it to an email and send it to asher_cross@hotmail.com (prolly not, since it's a 27 meg file), or....I don't know. is it possible to upload it to the CIC's ftp server, as another sample of the DVD video quality?

I'd REALLY appreciate it if you could help. Thanks.

what i could do is do it as a multi file rar (span it) in 3 10 meg sections, since yahoo now allows 0 meg attachments

bojan, look online, its rare though so dont hope too much :)

bojan said:
hi, where can i get this working version?
been looking for it some time now but havent been able to find it, i have the pc cd DOS version of the game but would like to get my hands on the working dvd vesion.
if someone can help send me a message.

I know it sounds simple, but try eBay. That is where I got mine a few months ago, and I know several other CIC members did the same. I still see them pop up for sale from time to time. We got copies which originally came bundled with Creative Labs' Encore PC-DVD player. The Tech forum has a link to a nifty patch to make it function correctly with other PC-DVD players.

Bojan,
there was a person selling loads of WCIV DVDs for cheap on eBay a couple of months ago, that's how I got mine and it works perfectly.

the death of vagabond s*cks... i hated it. why did he die, he's a good pilot. no, we got fed up with catscratch

Well, that's strange, there seem to be several damaged copies of the DVD. I also have mine from that ebay-seller, and on my DVD, there are also some VOBs that are not working...at first, Vagabond's death also appeared to be one of them, I could neither watch it from DVD nor copy it to my harddisk, but after the 10th try or so, it finally worked. Unfotunately, there are still some others which don't, all on side A :( Anyone else here who has encontered this, or is it just asher and unlucky me?

Well, after reading asher's post in the tech forum about the same topic, it appears there are some DVDs out there which are all damaged in the same way, that is several unplayable VOBs before and after Vagabond's death (1330A, I think)...if you want to, I can give you the numbers of the files which I can't get to work.

Well, it seems asher and me are the only unlucky ones here :( No problem, I'll give you the exact files, but I'm afraid I am quite busy at the weekend, so you'll probably get them monday, if that's okay for you.

well, it's not as if my job depends on this, ehehehe, so no problem.
I was worried that these dvds could be some sort of rotten batch or something, but considering I've testes some 15-20 vobs following vagabond's death, I guess it's not the case. I'm still willing to test the files you name, of course.

Oh, how good your job isn't depending on me posting this monday, because I'm afraid I'm a little late (or would you believe me when I'd say it is still mondy here? :D ) Anyway, here are the files that I could not watch or even copy to my harddisk: 1290A, 1300A, 1360A, 1380A, 1390A, 1400A, 1440A, 1760A, 1760B, 1760C, 1770A, 1780A.

Very sadly, I just noticed that now most of the DVD isn't working anymore, the only things my drive is still able to read are the directories, the file names and some of the movies on side B...seems like my DVD hasn't been handled or stored very well in the past, it has scratches, dirt and strange dots all over and is showing color distortions :( Luckily, I have all vobs except for those mentioned above safely stored on my harddisk...anyone want to help me out and send me a CD with the missing files? :rolleyes:

Back