Title Bout Tonight! (July 30, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
It's LOAF versus the world, tonight on pay-per-view! This evening at 11 PM EST I'll be facing off against fifteen Xbox 360 news sites to try and earn some cool prizes for Wing Commander fans! The tournament will involve multiple free-for-alls and culminate in a Bearpit match between the two luckiest survivors. The event will be broadcast live via GamerTagRadio Vision, which you can access here. Be sure to stop in #WingNut to wish me luck or to catch me for a few rounds of Arena today as I practice!

I can't promise you anything, but I will try - I've been training since the game came out, and I've earned all twelve achievements and learned more than a few neat tricks. I'm sure my opponents are similarly fearsome, though! You can read about the prizes here and the battle setup here. I feel like Blair getting ready to fight Flash...

Which ship should I choose? Speed, well-roundedness or sheer firepower? Feel free to make suggestions!

--
Original update published on July 30, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
I have yet to have any Armada experience, but the Rapier rules by default.

We've all heard this all the time, but this is the most important mission you've ever flown... :p

GL. not to sure about the fighter,i don't have an xbox360. But I would say a medium fighter, you get movement, shields, armor and a punch.

GL. not to sure about the fighter,i don't have an xbox360. But I would say a medium fighter, you get movement, shields, armor and a punch.

I've become quite the fan of the Drathli Rhino. It's a tank and has guns and missiles to match. Although the Broadsword tractor-torp trick might be useful for LOAF in this situation because once you get someone in the beam it's almost a guarenteed kill.

Hello all! Just thought I would drop by to wish you good luck in tonights tournament. Although, if you have already got the achievements, I don't think you will need it! Btw, I am the competitor from Gamers Hell :D See you tonight! :D

Just remember Yoda's words: "Do. Or do not. There is no try." :D

I hope it's gonna be a fair game with a lot of fun in the first place. Of course, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you anyway - go get 'em! :p
As for the fighter, I'd probably go for the Cavalier. A tractor beam may be nice, but having light fighters fly circles around you...? Maybe it's just me, but bombers make me miss some of those nice aerobatics. ;) It's probably best to choose the one you're most familiar with, though.

Personally, I'd recommend the Cavalier. Like Ironduke mentioned, having the little guys run around you is an exercise in frustration, and part of me suspects the others will gravitate towards the lighter ships, if for no other reason than that the bombers are slow, obnoxious pigs. :p

LOAF made it past round 1 (two free for alls in the station map and boneyard map)

on to round two

Wow, what a freaking fantastic roller coaster. After winning round two for us, Apparently there was a glitch and they had to replay a round of round two... And LOAF won AGAIN! That mean's hes guaranteed an Xbox and a bunch of MS points. Now we wait for the next round.

All in all that was pretty amazing. The third round was really really close. The good news is that LOAF has an xbox to give away. The bad news is that he doesn't have a TV or theater setup to give away.

Nice going. You laid a serious ass-whipping on the top 8 in the second stage of the contest.

Back