Time for another Wallpaper

Kilrathikiller

Rear Admiral
Here is Wing Commander II, hope you enjoy and just like last time I made a HD version of the logo and that can be downloaded separately.

Attachments

• WCIIwp.jpg
    WCIIwp.jpg
    660.9 KB · Views: 115
  • WCII.jpg
    WCII.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 89
Here are the 4:3 version for anybody who might want them and thanks for the support guys

Attachments

• WCIIwpfc.jpg
    WCIIwpfc.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 92
  • wc2logowpfc.jpg
    wc2logowpfc.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 78
They are indeed quite beautiful. But, I am curious... Why the lower-case I in 'Wing'. Your WC1 backgrounds had that piece of the logo correct, but this one, it's off. In the game logo, it's supposed to be capital, like all the other letters. Yes, I know that the more freely available versions of the font used, the I is lower-cased, but as I said, you were able to get it 'proper' in the WC1 backgrounds you did.

I'm sorry for complaining on this one, it just feels... Off to me. I actually have the same issue with the WC: UE logo used in game, but since that's not official, it doesn't bother me as much as an otherwise faithful reproduction of an official Wing Commander logo. :)

Actually, I took that logo straight from a screen shot in Wing Commander 2 and traced over it. Its a lower case i. I was kind of surprised too. The logo is the one not at the selection screen but at the beginning of the game after that in the intro sequence. Watch the video of it if you don't believe me. Like I said it looked wierd to me too at first and personally I kind of like it better with the lower case i for some reason.

The reason I selected that version of the logo and not the one at the selection screen is that this one is the one I always remember when I think of Wing Commander 2 so it was the one I wanted to do and it took me awhile to get it right because my computer for some reason screws up screen shot directly taken from the game. So, I had to take it from the video that we have on the site that I forgot about till the other day.

I just checked my intro video to WC2, and it's both ways with both an uppercase and lower case i. The upper case i is right at the start, and then the lower case i is shown as the intro plays.

Is there a reason why the 4:3 ones have gray bars instead of black on the top and bottom?

not really, I just wanted to seperate the original image from what was added on to give it that wide screenish effect.

Also when I went to set it for fullscreen I messed up and made it grey but i liked it that way. If anyone have a problem with it just let me know ill fix it for ya

Back