Tigers Claw Gets Its Own Blueprint Poster (February 17, 2022)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
GBGames has been getting back into the original Wing Commander, and this has inspired him to create a pretty awesome piece of Wing Commander art. He's put together a pretty slick Bengal class blueprint poster in the style of WC1's fighter blueprints. It's very nice - and high res enough to print or make your wallpaper image!

I've been playing Wing Commander for the PC, which is very different from the SNES version I played when I was younger.

And I decided I wanted a poster of the Tiger's Claw, so I made one.

--
Original update published on February 17, 2022

Looks great, I just wish it had the "front back" view and annotations too, and that the data were in a cassette like the OG blueprints.

It uses the Claw Marks art, so front/back versions in that particular style don't exist.

Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 3.20.55 PM.png

I know, I can still dream, right? I should clarify, I love the work done, so it got me inspired, now I want more!

Last edited:
It uses the Claw Marks art, so front/back versions in that particular style don't exist.

View attachment 12660

They MIGHT exist! The Claw Marks art is taken from Glen Johnson's original 2D concept drawings which were created to instruct the outsource artists what the ships should look like. That original package included front and back drawings for each ship which wasn't reused in Claw Marks. To my knowledge only the versions adapted into the blueprints and the Dralthi front have been located.

wc1_presskit1.jpg

So... beautiful

Btw, I updated the RPG engine after seeing this. A few bugs remain, but fetching the database entry for a ship looks much more wing1 blueprint. Thanks for the inspiration.

Back