Three Weeks and Counting... (July 28, 2018)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
The days keep ticking down to the CIC's 20th Birthday Party! The big event is now just three weeks away, and preparations are in full swing. Because this year we're moving to Discord to chat, you might want to come visit beforehand. Install the program and use this invite to visit the new #Wingnut channel. There's already lots of activity there, so you're more than welcome to join the fun now! Then you'll be all set when the party starts on Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 7:00 pm EDT (4:00 pm PDT and 11:00 pm GMT). See you there!

--
Original update published on July 28, 2018

No need to install the app - just use your web browser (click the invite link and you can log into your discord account or create a new account and get instantly on).

App is handy, but if you're not wanting to keep an app running on your PC, the website is handy. I think the app is actually a node.js/electron wrapper around the website anyways. (You can copy and paste the URL in the app to join using it).

Yeah, the web version looks exactly like the app, except in a browser window. I think the only feature the web version is missing is system-wide push-to-talk (voice chat).

I think if you do launch the invite with the app installed it will launch the app directly, but if you don't, you can just log in/sign up at the target page. Some of my machines have the app, others don't so I never tracked the behavior. Since they are all linked to the same account, it all syncs up.

Back