This is your last chance!

Sternenwind said:
are you telling me that you are talking about the Theunderbold, Longbow and Hellcat?

I don't know why, but I think they would not fit into the feeling of WC2

Phantom or Banshee ould be okay, but I do not know how it would be to fly in a Thunderbolt or a Longbow with the good old wc2 designed world.

The Longbow and Hellcat would definitely be in service. If we're talking just the sim, the Thunderbolt would also be a possibility.

Well, the list of ships playable in the storyline hasn't changed since episode 1, and we've already got a dozen other ships we could add if we wanted more ships in the storyline missions... so what makes you think this one would be a candidate?

OH :(
lets call it wishfull thinking.
Truth being told - The storyline ships you chose to use are the best ships of the WC universe (in my own opinion at least...well, aside of the Gladius, which you also made rather great), and I can't realy think of any other ship on the same level.

On a more logical note -
on the assumtion that you decided that home-defense squadrons and Landreich ships might need a better ship that the Hornet, and under your statment that it's not the scimitar - the most logical choise would indeed be the Rapier F-44A.

But -
if you decided only to add a ship just for the sim, and it's not going to apear on storyline mission (not even as a non-flyanle ship) then:
You ruled out the Hellcat
IIRC the Thunderbolt is stated as new in the WC3 novel
you disregard the armada phatom as a viable ship
which probably leaves
the Arrow or Longbow, which are both in service since 2654 (yes indeed)
and the Banshee (which I belive you hinted to be a No-No)

How am I doing so far :p
;)

I don't remember. We never bothered checking, either, because we know it's a Confed ship that's around during our storyline, and that's all it needs to appear in the sim.

BTW, we haven't ruled out any Confed ships in this thread so far (apart from the long-retired Scimitar)... but I'll do that now and say that one Rapier per game is enough.

i'd have to guess the vindicator or the razor;
(keep in mind i dont know the service dates)
although i like the idea of the avenger

oh, and i dont know about anyone else, but i remember a thread about hoping for the wc2 bloodfang in the sim (that would be delightful), but i know its going to be confed fighter, so the avenger is my guess.

-brad

Oh, the sweet agony! Why must you taunt us like this?! :)

I'm going to guess the Longbow, just because no one else has used it as their sole guess, although it has been mentioned.

(Although a part of me really thinks it's going to be the Hellcat.)

I'm hoping for the Arrow. Hellcat might be nice, but as I have not played the WCs with that fighter in it I'm not too familiar with it, besides I like speed.
As for the Longbow... Thats a bomber isn't it? Don't we have enough torpedo equipped craft already?

I'm hoping for the Arrow. Hellcat might be nice, but as I have not played the WCs with that fighter in it I'm not too familiar with it, besides I like speed.

Wait, you've flown the Arrow but not the Hellcat? Did you only play Armada?

HammerHead said:
if you decided only to add a ship just for the sim, and it's not going to apear on storyline mission (not even as a non-flyanle ship) then:
You ruled out the Hellcat
IIRC the Thunderbolt is stated as new in the WC3 novel
you disregard the armada phatom as a viable ship
which probably leaves
the Arrow or Longbow, which are both in service since 2654 (yes indeed)
and the Banshee (which I belive you hinted to be a No-No)

How am I doing so far
Hehe, not too well, because I wouldn't confirm or deny anything even if you did guess right :p.

I can say, however, that your line of reasoning is a bit off. I guess I did sorta rule out the Banshee (...or did I? When Armada says it's a new fighter, does that really mean it wasn't in service a month earlier? :p), but I certainly never ruled out the Hellcat, and never said anything at all about the Phantom :). Even the Thunderbolt couldn't really be ruled out, since we don't know when it actually appears.

I'm mightily tempted to say a few more things just to confuse you - like for example, that I never actually said it wouldn't be campaign-flyable, just that there's no reason to think it would be. But of course, the trouble with saying such things is that people often assume that you're actually confirming something when you're merely not denying it in order to confuse them... so maybe we've said enough already ;).

This thread is nice. People only have about half a dozen different guesses, that makes me feel good about Standoff having so many ships already.

hehe

and at the final battel you show us all all ships that are in service at this time *bg*

i mean, the Erath send evry ship the have or not?

yo sternenwind is da best !! he beats u all !!!1 yeeeeaaaahh !!1
yoyoyo !! sternenwind can i have ur icq ? ur too cool!

Back