this game, WC Saga, and the truth

Oh, 'Master of the Universe', my mistake. He's cooler than the admins anyway. If the topic is taken away from Saga, it might finally die down, in my opinion.

Peidu said:
Oh, 'Master of the Universe', my mistake. He's cooler than the admins anyway. If the topic is taken away from Saga, it might finally die down, in my opinion.

God damn, you're dumb.

(To expoud: the persecution complex alone is pretty stupid. The fact that you came to the thread to assume that 'moderators' were out to get you is idiotic -- the manner in which you responded to finding out that that *wasn't* the case was just too stupid for our little group, though.)

No, let's bring this topic back to Saga. What if someone decided to make Freespace Saga in the Vision Engine?

I've actually just started playing Secret Ops again for the first time in a while. I owe some folks an apology from before. That engine is pretty powerful itself. That said, Standoff is kicking my tail 100% of the time. Any advice?

meisdavidp said:
I've actually just started playing Secret Ops again for the first time in a while. I owe some folks an apology from before. That engine is pretty powerful itself. That said, Standoff is kicking my tail 100% of the time. Any advice?
Play the simulator constantly until it seems too easy.

Delance: That someone would have to figure out how to make beam-cannons work. The Standoff-crew seem to have found out about flak... What about hardware T&L? Missile-behaviour should be possible to tweak... There's just the matter of hyperspace-jumping back to the hangar. :p If the asteroids can be made destructible too, it just might be an interesting project.

LOAF: If you want respect, I doubt calling people names is the best way to go about it.

I think this thread is one of the strangest I ever read on the internet.

It goes around in circles, people attack each other on a personal level and sometimes it's just getting pure non-sense (like the wikipedia discussion), but nevertheless it seems to have had the right effect:

The information policy of the Saga-Team seems to have improved.
Well, what else can you want?

I think this thread is one of the strangest I ever read on the internet.

Have you been to the internet before?

LOAF: If you want respect, I doubt calling people names is the best way to go about it.

I don't recall anything like that in this thread. Go troll somewhere else.

Bandit LOAF said:
Have you been to the internet before?

I don't recall anything like that in this thread. Go troll somewhere else.

Well, yes I have...

Is there any reason why you're so provocatively? Just curious...

Well, yes I have...

The joke is that the internet is full of weird, weird stuff.

The Saga team's standard post-Standoff-competition for creating attention is to show up and insult me personally until we get a thread like this. I feel fully justified in taking them down a peg whenever I can. There's no respect necessary there.

Provocatively is an adverb.

Raider78 said:

LOAF's reasoning behind everything here has been explained in pretty close detail several times in this thread alone. All the provocation resulted in Saga's first substantial update on the game in like a year.

I just hope all this provoking is indeed worth it. I think this has the potential to be a great mod, but at this pace, I think it may have to compete with the next EA Wing Commander. And when it is released, will it even be as good as it could be? I know that the engine they're working with should be capable of pulling this off, but are they?

The harsh tone of my original post was due to the fact that the I was disappointed in the lack of progress of WC Saga. It was directed at the creators of Saga and no one else. I just wanted to make it clear that someone cares about whether the project is ever finished.

Psych insulted me for some reason, and honestly I couldn't care less. I post at one place in the entire internet, and it's here. I've been coming here since the first time I did a search on "Wing Commander" way back in '98 or '97 when this board was WCHS. I know he's more "active" in the community than me, but that doesn't mean it ok for him to be an idiot. He seems more interested in being some kind of WC jester who wants everybody who comes to this board to know "not to mess with him". I come here because I like Wing Commander, not to be funny or popular.

THIS IS A CHAT BOARD! I post when I have something realtive to add, I don't "flame-bait", I'd never even heard of that before someone accused me of it here. I wanted to here from the creators of WC saga, and maybe some fans that knew more about the subject than me. Not from some guy named "Psych" who seems to me to be some middle-school aged dork and for some reason thinks that what he does for a living makes it ok for him to be a hostile moron for no reason. Go get a real life psych. If you want to post and educated or at least insightful response to anything I write, I welcome it. Otherwise, suck it, 'cuz I'm not responding to anymore "online insults". I just don't care enough.

Saga guys, I definately like the flight deck.

User was banned for this post

FleeBalls said:
The harsh tone of my original post was due to the fact that the I was disappointed in the lack of progress of WC Saga. It was directed at the creators of Saga and no one else. I just wanted to make it clear that someone cares about whether the project is ever finished.

Psych insulted me for some reason, and honestly I couldn't care less. I post at one place in the entire internet, and it's here. I've been coming here since the first time I did a search on "Wing Commander" way back in '98 or '97 when this board was WCHS. I know he's more "active" in the community than me, but that doesn't mean it ok for him to be an idiot. He seems more interested in being some kind of WC jester who wants everybody who comes to this board to know "not to mess with him". I come here because I like Wing Commander, not to be funny or popular.

THIS IS A CHAT BOARD! I post when I have something realtive to add, I don't "flame-bait", I'd never even heard of that before someone accused me of it here. I wanted to here from the creators of WC saga, and maybe some fans that knew more about the subject than me. Not from some guy named "Psych" who seems to me to be some middle-school aged dork and for some reason thinks that what he does for a living makes it ok for him to be a hostile moron for no reason. Go get a real life psych. If you want to post and educated or at least insightful response to anything I write, I welcome it. Otherwise, suck it, 'cuz I'm not responding to anymore "online insults". I just don't care enough.

Actually I think Psych used to be or is in the military.

FleeBalls said:
Go get a real life psych. If you want to post and educated or at least insightful response to anything I write, I welcome it. Otherwise, suck it, 'cuz I'm not responding to anymore "online insults". I just don't care enough.

Psych or anyone else that continues bickering will also be immediately banned. See Forum Rules 1, 2, 5, 10 & 13.

You got lucky and beat the cut-off by two minutes Dyret.

FleeBalls said:
...snip....
User was banned for this post
This is a great idea. You guys should make it SOP whenever you ban someone, as some folks (myself included) tend to compulsively search through a banned person's recent posts, to find the reason for banishment... and sometimes, it isn't all that clear.

I agree with manic. Making it clear which post led to the ban can prevent a lot of confusion.

Back