this game, WC Saga, and the truth

Delance hit the nail on the head on this one... being a jerk is par for the course, here. You can't let it get to you.

Yeah... as Major Striker pointed out, it's even occasionally something to brag about. I know I was responding in a cheap manner to an obvious troll here, but it just strikes me as so idiotic -- this thread finally starts to wind down and then some anonymous German shows up to keep the fight going (it's happened twice now, in fact -- and from the looks of the IP, it was the same guy on both counts).

I believe anyone can see the IP -- just dns it and you'll be able to figure out what ISP they're using. Our friend is using T-Online, a popular German ISP.

Yeah just copy the IP that is listed in the post banner and google "IP locator" and you'll find several free services that will allow you to paste the IP into their locator and feed you back where they are accessing from.

Bandit LOAF said:
this thread finally starts to wind down and then some anonymous German shows up to keep the fight going (it's happened twice now, in fact -- and from the looks of the IP, it was the same guy on both counts).

The second one must have been me, but the last time I posted on here was sometime last summer in the technical board. Well, so now I'm a troll...because I happen to use t-online...now that's evidence.

Loaf, the only thing I wanted to point out, probably at the wrong, very frustrated moment, that I cannot understand how someone as obviously emotionally involved in a debate can at the same time make use of his admin rights in the same thread or on the same topic. I know that's a hard one here, how would you ever be able to write as a purely private person (especially considering all of this is private in a way). The thing is, that I always thought an admin should at least try not to get too involved to do fair judgement. this whole thread is quite a communicative desaster.
See, I don't know anything about this whole saga business except for what has been posted in this and the other thread, but at times I was like: "wait here, that admin really has something with those guys"...I'm not the first to be called troll here, accompanied with some sort of argument that it must have been this guy or another, some freespace-troll as you called it. In my case you have been wrong about it, I cannot tell about the other one. Thing is, for someone who only reads here once in a while, all of this seems kinda strange.

That's it. Take care.

If you have issues with LOAF, you should A) have the decency to make an account on the forums and B) take it up with him in private . You'd think people would learn from my mistakes. LOAF has never seemed to be anything but fair. I've had to speak with him and Chris Reid in the past to clarify things, but once everything has been explained to me, it all makes sense. LOAF's job (which I doubt pays) is to safeguard the future of the site. Don't know if you've noticed, but WC isn't really doing so well right now and this site is one of the few places that really keeps WC alive for fans like us. LOAF does a damn good job keeping the site running and providing news and entertainment. So he's a little strict? BIG DEAL.

As far as the troll thing goes, I have no idea whether you were or were not, but that response didn't do a great deal to help your case.

soeren k. said:
That's it. Take care.

I really hate when people close arguements/rants/whines with BS like that. You come in here, whine about your innocence (who cares anyhow, you're just another annonymous non-member, so why even bother proving your innocence), question the admin's ability to moderate this forum, and then close with a cheerful farewell. If I ever meet you in real life I may have my kid sister kick your shins. Farewell yourself!

Wikipedia is probably the last place anyone should ever look up anything

Wikipedia is okay... As long as you have decent poeple policing the streets there, like me.

Just remember, if you see something weird, then refresh 5 minutes later, and it'll probably have been repaired.

Yeh, I should have mentioned that Wikipedia isn't a guaranteed source worthy of research papers. It is, however, a good start from which you probably can find what you need. Take anything you read on there with a grain of salt and pay close attention to flags like "citation needed" and so forth. I use it a lot in my writing since whether accurate or not, it tends to reflect the views of the people.

Peidu said:
Wikipedia is okay... As long as you have decent poeple policing the streets there, like me.

I think all that does is reaffirm my distrust and general dislike for Wikipedia.

Boy... do I love being disliked by admins. Start of a beautiful relationship. Atleast we've taken the topic away from Saga.

LeHah's not an admin unless I missed something. He's not a bad guy either, just a little antagonistic about some things. And why is taking the topic away from Saga a good thing?

Back