this game, WC Saga, and the truth

that's more or less what I was saying too... maybe there's something to this whole "being clear about stuff" thing...

see, its things like this that make progress updates and team updates so essential to keeping your fan/player base interested.

I had honestly thought this project was dead. Now it appears it may not be, but without an update I'd still be totally uninterested and assuming the project was dead.

It does no good to release a product that nobody knows about or wants to play anymore because its fans have been blown off for years.

just my two cents.

Bandit LOAF said:
I don't think there's actually a legitimate breaking down of "flamer types". At least I hope not. If Psych had actually 'overanalysed' the original post, everything would be fine.

I agree, giving an analysis in the first place would have been the civil way to do it.
As for the flamer types... it's more or less a system myself and a couple of buddies worked out, back when we ran a forum...

Type A- Rabid flamer, sometimes takes the intellectual approach, but the result is still the same. Basic insults.
Type B- Picks apart the previous post, this is boredrline debating, but taken to extremes.(overanalyst)
Type C- The Leetspeaking morons. They have even less to say than the type A flamer, and even fewer brain cells to do it with. They do, however, have an ALT key.
Type D- The "Human dictionary," borderline type B, but only picks apart the grammar and spelling of a post.
Type E- Sarcasm.

I've been guilty of B, and D, on occasion. I try to keep general stupidity out of my posts, but sometimes it just creeps in.

edit- threads like this shouldn't be needed in the first place, but sometimes game developers such as the Saga team slip up, and let the updates go for a while.

This thread reminds me of those barbershop signs... the ones that credit the barbers with stopping wars and preventing forest fires and performing exorcisms and god knows what else...

"This game, WC Saga, and the truth"
eliminated the need for paragraphs
epitomized the misquote
debated mental disorders
commissioned status reports
angered many
amused many
sparked arguments
caused discussion of flamer personality types

What else shall be added to the list? Only time will tell.

Lt. Death100: Hm, well, unless you develop some peculiar medical condition, I'd be utterly astonished if anyone 'grow old and die' before the release. I guess I'm just more optimistic than you. Ha!

LOAF: There is criticism, and then there's senseless bashing. I admit I haven't looked through this thread thoroughly, but I've seen a good deal of the latter already. Which is something I don't like to see. Not exclusive to this thread, I might add.

Mystery muppet said:
Lt. Death100: Hm, well, unless you develop some peculiar medical condition, I'd be utterly astonished if anyone 'grow old and die' before the release. I guess I'm just more optimistic than you. Ha!
Can't you tell I was exaggerating just a bit?

I think those signs may be a US thing. I don't think they were ever meant to be taken seriously, regardless.

LOAF: There is criticism, and then there's senseless bashing. I admit I haven't looked through this thread thoroughly, but I've seen a good deal of the latter already. Which is something I don't like to see. Not exclusive to this thread, I might add.

So, you haven't actually read the thread... but you're here to pass judgement on it? You're a clever one.

I don't think I have ever seen a sign outside a barber shop claiming that they were responsible for anything- including the quality of the haircut, or the sobriety of the barber.

Bandit LOAF said:
So, you haven't actually read the thread... but you're here to pass judgement on it? You're a clever one.

I've read most of this here, and you know what, I've noticed that one person constantly acts like a total jerk. Guess who.

Well, Psych, for one.

And Tolwyn, who's too good for the community to show up.

And Sphinx, who ended his career here in a fireball of idiocy.

Bandit LOAF said:

Well, his point was about "senseless bashing". He doesn't have to read the whole thread in order to find examples of this.

I can't find any "senseless bashing" in this thread - the original poster had a very valid complaint which he forced Saga to address.

S.K. said:
I've read most of this here, and you know what, I've noticed that one person constantly acts like a total jerk. Guess who.

You, thats who! :)

So now we're having a debate about who is the biggest jerk? What does that really accomplish? What's wrong with being a jerk? Some people just are that way. As long as they don't cross the line they can be a jerk. I've even seen Loaf admit in other threads that he is a jerk...so what's your point? I can be a jerk...many times I have been. Having everyone agree that I'm a jerk doesn't really establish anything except that now everyone agrees that I'm a jerk. Whatever the issue was that I was being a jerk about still remains...

I've kept quiet on a lot of comments here because...well just because.

I'm pretty sure psych's "lets have fun with the quote command" response fully qualifies as senseless bashing. That sort of behavior may be fine in neophytes who've just learned forum commands, but someone of his ranks and experience on these forums should be over that sort of petty mockery. It just doesn't set a good example for those of us who don't have our own custom ranks and icons to follow.

Back