this game, WC Saga, and the truth

psych

Destroyer of assclowns
Bandit LOAF said:
That's quite a double standard -- you didn't PM this guy when the thread started.

True, I didn't. Cause back then he was trying to start a public discussion, and the subject is open to public debate. This time, he's trying to attack me personally (it's easy to see he's gunning for blood, when the original thread topic is pretty much cut and dry done), and that's a bit different.
 

Primate

Spaceman
psych said:
True, I didn't. Cause back then he was trying to start a public discussion, and the subject is open to public debate. This time, he's trying to attack me personally (it's easy to see he's gunning for blood, when the original thread topic is pretty much cut and dry done), and that's a bit different.

Your opening post sounded kind of personal to me. Maybe I'm just oversensitive. It certainly seemed less on the "public debate" side of things.
 

psych

Destroyer of assclowns
Primate said:
Your opening post sounded kind of personal to me. Maybe I'm just oversensitive. It certainly seemed less on the "public debate" side of things.

Yes, you are oversensitive. The reasoning is that, people just don't post nasty stuff as the topic, it normally starts as responses to the initial post. Either way, regardless of me, he got what he wanted.

Now if you give a kid a cookie, he's going to want a glass of milk. This is Freeball’s real reasoning for, long after this topic has winded down, he now chooses the time to directly attack me, an accomplished member of the WC community for 10 years. He already got his little moment of glory (cause of the thread he started), now he craves for more. This explains why he attacked me directly on this thread, rather then making a new one. He knows that a new thread titled “psych is a retard” would be shot down, so he tried to capitalize on this thread’s activity to stir up discussion. Look at his tasteless tactics, he’s already pulling the “I’m an asshole cause you are one, to me! It’s your fault! You pushed me over the edge!” card, he’s not accepting responsibility and blaming others.

This isn’t a legitimate point of discussion, which is why stuff like this is better taken in PM or somewhere else. This isn't some pansy "I'm an american citizen and a human being, and it's my right to an opinion, and to question and critique policy and directly attack individuals for the good of greater discussion and debate!" deal. This is biting more then you can chew. This is not knowing your limits. This is setting yourself up for failure.

People like him go away. They all do.
 

Primate

Spaceman
psych said:
Yes, you are oversensitive. The reasoning is that, people just don't post nasty stuff as the topic, it normally starts as responses to the initial post. Either way, regardless of me, he got what he wanted.

Now if you give a kid a cookie, he's going to want a glass of milk. This is Freeball’s real reasoning for, long after this topic has winded down, he now chooses the time to directly attack me, an accomplished member of the WC community for 10 years. He already got his little moment of glory (cause of the thread he started), now he craves for more. This explains why he attacked me directly on this thread, rather then making a new one. He knows that a new thread titled “psych is a retard” would be shot down, so he tried to capitalize on this thread’s activity to stir up discussion. Look at his tasteless tactics, he’s already pulling the “I’m an asshole cause you are one, to me! It’s your fault! You pushed me over the edge!” card, he’s not accepting responsibility and blaming others.

This isn’t a legitimate point of discussion, which is why stuff like this is better taken in PM or somewhere else. This isn't some pansy "I'm an american citizen and a human being, and it's my right to an opinion, and to question and critique policy and directly attack individuals for the good of greater discussion and debate!" deal. This is biting more then you can chew. This is not knowing your limits. This is setting yourself up for failure.

People like him go away. They all do.

OK. I don't believe that I can read that much into what people are thinking when they post, so I have to view your second paragraph as speculation, not fact. I just find it interesting that you draw a line between your insults and freeballs' response. It seems a little weird to be legitimizing one and condemning the other based on position in a thread or a suspected ulterior motive. If insulting posts are cool then fine. Lets all say what we want. If they should be confined to PM's then that's great, too (better I would say), but lets not pretend that some are OK because they "contribute" to a discussion.
 

Quarto

Unknown Enemy
psych said:
Yes, you are oversensitive. The reasoning is that, people just don't post nasty stuff as the topic, it normally starts as responses to the initial post. Either way, regardless of me, he got what he wanted.
Eh, I've had just about enough of this idiocy. He's absolutely right - you were being a jerk, you were trying to insult him personally, and you are making an idiot of yourself - again. Just about every post of yours in this thread has been an embarassment. Not to the guy you're trying to insult, mind you - an embarassment to you. I mean "Freeball's"? Gee, no, you're not trying to be insulting at all. And what a great insult it was! Mangling somebody's name (well, callsign) is so original and creative!

Or how about this one? "If you knew what I do for a living, you would definately want to take what you said back." What the fuck was that about? About the only thing that could possibly be is a veiled threat... which is just really, really sad. Our great big resident SEAL-in-the-making is using the internet to threaten someone whose name and location he doesn't even know. Sad, sad, sad - you of all people should be smarter and more responsible than that.

Also, let's consider what you just said to LOAF:
"Cause back then he was trying to start a public discussion, and the subject is open to public debate. This time, he's trying to attack me personally (it's easy to see he's gunning for blood, when the original thread topic is pretty much cut and dry done), and that's a bit different."

Ok... fair enough... now let's go back and take a look at the post in which you were responding to him trying to start a public discussion. What did you say there? Nothing at all - you quite literally dropped out of the blue, called him "a piece of shit and a worthless turd", and disappeared again... so yeah, it sure sounds like you weren't attacking him personally or anything like that. It was definitely a very intelligent contribution to the public discussion. It was also very creative language, by the way - maybe next time you can come up with an expletive that doesn't involve shit/turd?

In short, get a grip, man. Fleeballs may well be making a fool of himself - but he doesn't have as much respect around here as you have, and if anybody's gonna lose out in this "I'm a bigger idiot than you are" contest, it sure as hell is gonna be the guy who actually has a good reputation to lose.
 

psych

Destroyer of assclowns
To Primate

Dude, do you seriously think that Freeballs is the first one to insult me on the internet? Hell no. Do you think he will be the last. Nope.

To Quarto,

I didn't follow up on the thread as much as I wanted to in the beginning. or should have. That was my fault for it. I was originally going to insult the hell out of him, then give him a very professional critique of what he said. Let's just say my schedule didn't allow that to happen. But by the time I got back later on, well, the thread went down to hell, and it was just better off to not say anything. That's why I didn't respond back.
 

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
True, I didn't. Cause back then he was trying to start a public discussion, and the subject is open to public debate. This time, he's trying to attack me personally (it's easy to see he's gunning for blood, when the original thread topic is pretty much cut and dry done), and that's a bit different.

Your two responses were in no way public debate. Don't like Saga? Then we'll call you stupid and hope everyone joins in.

Well, we didn't join in this time.
 

Manic

Rear Admiral
It's an old quote, but still applicable...
"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still a retard."
I'm guilty of it, too. We all are; that does not make it any less stupid.
Psych said:
I was originally going to insult the hell out of him, then give him a very professional critique of what he said.
So, you just admitted that you were going to start a flamewar, first as a type A flamer (Insults galore), then as a type B flamer (overanalyst). How is this helpful? I fail to see.
 

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
Manic said:
It's an old quote, but still applicable... "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still a retard."

Ill go one further and say "Recycled internet humor is a lot like squeezing an orange for apple juice - they're both wastes of everyone's time"
 

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
So, you just admitted that you were going to start a flamewar, first as a type A flamer (Insults galore), then as a type B flamer (overanalyst). How is this helpful? I fail to see.

I don't think there's actually a legitimate breaking down of "flamer types". At least I hope not. If Psych had actually 'overanalysed' the original post, everything would be fine.
 
Uh, why haven't you guys closed this topic already? I can't see how any good can come out of it anymore. I motion for a close so things can return to decency before the WCS-crew make a release.
 

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
If we closed the thread now, we'd still be waiting at least another year before seeing any further results
 

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Mystery muppet said:
Uh, why haven't you guys closed this topic already? I can't see how any good can come out of it anymore. I motion for a close so things can return to decency before the WCS-crew make a release.

The thread that forced them to release something for the first time in years? Clearly Saga doesn't function properly in a criticism void -- this thread has been *great*.
 

Lt.Death100

Spaceman
Mystery muppet said:
Uh, why haven't you guys closed this topic already? I can't see how any good can come out of it anymore. I motion for a close so things can return to decency before the WCS-crew make a release.
Because this thread will make it so that we get WCS before half of us grow old and die.
 

meisdavidp

All your belief cannot absolve your sin.
All's I know is I want to see that autopilot thing in action... from the description it sounds like it could go both ways (suck or be a pretty good work around). Btw, what ever happened to Tolwyn? Wasn't he in charge of this project? Seems like Starman has been running the show lately.
 
Top