The ruins of a Broken Empire: a Kilrathi Topic

Mancubus

Rear Admiral
ok here is what's it all about:

what do we know about Kilrathi society and Politics before during and after the Nephilim War:

here are a few things:

Kilrathi Assemble of Clans is a major political body in Kilrathi-held space. Do we know anything about its political and sotial strucer?

It is formed at some point after the Kilrathi War, but is it formed with the treaty with confed or rather it is an internal reform of the empire? is it in any way referd by it's name before Prophecy?

The Assembly remains at peace with confed during the period betwin Kilrathi and Nephilim Wars

At some point before Nephilim Warthe Kilrathi rebuild their fleet. (Melek states in WC4 that they dissasembled all of their warships, yet we see quite large cat flit destroyed by the bugs in Prophecy) [note this fleet might be asociaited with a group thet never disbounded their ships]

Some groups of Kilrathi operate either outside the assembly, or are violating the offitial assembly policy (either with unofficial allowance or because of actuall weakness of the government) by attacking confed.
Most notably the T’Agg A’Bren Clan witch consist of religious zealots of the Cult of Sivar. do we know about any other such grups and what are their actuall relations with Assembly?

At some point during Nephilim Conflict a terran-kilrathi allience is formed. Is it just terran-assembly or is it incorporating other fractions as well (we know that UBW on the terran side fought together with confefd. we don't know if it was part of this particular allience)

there were some Kilrathi that didn't accept the allience what we know of them?

were there any factions that ignored the treaty or just single cats?

(note these are probably not connected to the T’Agg A’Bren Clan, as we se it alling with the Confed during initiall Nephilim Attack)

ok. so these are some question I wanted to find answeres to, or at least know if we have any :d

I don't have anything really to add to what you've already got off the top of my head, but I would take a look at the abandoned plans for Privateer Online (I think there are two version - 2 and 3) which spells out some of the direction they wanted the Kilrathi to go in.

I think the Assembly Of Clans was in place before the war even started. I mean wasn't that the group Vakka was speaking to in Action Stations, trying to stop them from going to war?

Kilrathi Assemble of Clans is a major political body in Kilrathi-held space. Do we know anything about its political and sotial strucer?

The Kilrathi Assembly of Clans is the newly formed Kilrathi government which is recognized by the Confederation; it is the caretaker government headed by "Chancellor" Melek. Its military is referred to as a police force. Melek's group has been likened to two separate historical existences. False Colors considers it an allusion to German's inter-war Weimer Republic... while the Wing Commander IV novelization treats the faction as the defeated Empire of Japan, complete with a religion which has evolved to explain why the Temblor attacks were divine punishment.

Now, they're the *recognized* group... but we know that by Wing Commander IV the former Empire had dissolved into a violent five-way civil war. We learn about a few of the factions in Star*Soldier (the Sihkag, the Kiranka, Melek's group, etc.) and we see a few details there, too (including the Confederation being involved in supporting favored factions leading to a Vietnam-style conflict). This war is still going on, circa Arena after having stopped temporarily when all sides had to band together to fight off the Nephilim...

At some point before Nephilim Warthe Kilrathi rebuild their fleet. (Melek states in WC4 that they dissasembled all of their warships, yet we see quite large cat flit destroyed by the bugs in Prophecy) [note this fleet might be asociaited with a group thet never disbounded their ships]

The ships in Wing Commander Prophecy were a Cult of Sivar renegade group, one of many such factions (see also Ragark and Murragh in False Colors). They were using war-era weapons hidden away from Melek, up to and including Fralthi II cruisers. Other regional warlords who disregard the treaty (but remain wary of Temblor bombs) maintain war-era surplus fleets. According to the WCP Official Guide, no Kilrathi carriers are known to exist in 2681 (which suggests that Ragark's faction suffered some heavy damage by that point).

The treaty required that the current fleet be dismantled - and Melek's police force seem to have pursued this quite sincerely... but it doesn't seem to have any restriction upon future shipbuilding. The fact that Kilrathi ship production will eventually come back online is mentioned in the WCIV novelization. (And, of course, the Nephilim War saw to that out of pure necessity...)

Back