The Flying Pancake!

Cam

Spaceman
:D

My Dralthi Mk IV is completely FINISHED!!! Woohooooooo! Now onto the next model (ugh). :rolleyes:

dralthi.wip10a.jpg

dralthi.wip10b.jpg

Originally posted by Starkey
Perhaps you could join Eder´s staff at Standoff?

If the game engine could handle the level of detail we see in Cam's models, I'd throw a three week long party with all the free beer a C-130 could haul in.

BUT I could still use some hints on how to make space backgrounds like those, for the cutscenes :)

--Eder

Heh, thanks for the compliments guys. :)

These models I'm making are for my animated film. I don't plan on making anymore after (unless for projects). It's going to be one big project, hopefully I can get it all done this summer.

The model itself isn't that high poly. A character from UT 2003 has probably more polygons than my Dralthi. ;) It's just shy of 10,000 polys.

Wait till you see these fight my Confed fighters. I hope it turns out as I hope.

Cam

That machine is both beautiful and scary at the same time. I can't wait to see a Vaktoth or a Strakha rendered, those scared the bejesus out of me when I had to fight them in an Arrow! Keep up the good work. :)

C-ya

Hey ! I found Hellcat faaaaans here ! Yeah ! Quarto where are you ? ;)

Cam excellent I am waiting for your next model pal :cool:

Seeing as Raptor is the High Priest of the Vindicator cult, Col. Dom is probably the unofficial leader of our loyal Hellcat following.

C-ya

Apparently these flapjacks are 31 meters long! That makes them nearly twice the size of a Vampire!!!

:confused:

Hrm they're going to look kind of weird up against them heh. Ahh well I guess they'll just have to be scaled for realism. ;)

Prophecy fighters were much smaller than those that came before (except for Wing Commander 2). In universe, this can be explained by technological advances and the like... outside, the people writing the stats realized how fricking huge a meter is.

Originally posted by Eder
I'd throw a three week long party with all the free beer a C-130 could haul in.

What do you know about C-130's?

(Legit, not smart ass question.)

Originally posted by Ripper
They've been in production since the '50s, and they have about 120 m³ of useable volume in their cargo holds, IIRC.
Oh, and they must be in use by like every other country in the world :p

--Eder

Originally posted by Ripper

4 engine turboprop military transport aircraft, short take off and landing; could land on almost every runway (even dirt), long range, and it could carry whole ocean of beer:D

I'm just going to throw this in here. I think the fighter's mass/size got mixed up. That makes the Dralthi 15m, which would look right against a Vamp. This works for every thing except WCII, which seem to not be screwed up and WCP, which is totally screwed up.

When Prophecy first came out, they made a big deal about how everything was finally to scale.

Back