The <3 thread.

SpaceDrake

Rear Admiral
In the midst of the slow news, the probable difficulties with beta testing and final polishing, the badgering about a release date, debates about the placement of conn towers, and a few apparent bannings (wtf?) I think it's high time for a thread dedicated purely to some <3 for the WCS guys for even ATTEMPTING something like this. I'm still salivating at the mouth for this one, especially if the full version features multiplayer.

So, Tolwyn, Lars, Lynx, Eder, Starman, and anyone else I may have forgotten: <3.

Joking aside, I still am looking forward to seeing how Saga plays out. Finally someone can put the Freespace engine to some interesting use.

Hm, even if I have no clue what the purpose of a "<3" thread is (I don't find a suitable translation for this phrase into my own language ) I'm always happy, when we are able to excite some people :)

I really wish, that I would be able to give out a realistic release date yet, but before we get the code-changes we need, I'm simply not able to do that. And unfortunately, the code-thing is the only matter that is beyond our capabilities and we don't have to much influence into it.
(No one of us is willing to learn it (C+ I think or something similar). I once suggested, that we should pull some sort of digital straws, and the one with the shortest has to learn the coding-stuff, but somehow we never got so far :) But at least they (The Code-Projekt guys) work on it, so some day in the nearer future I hope I can give a good prologue release-date to you people. I'm really sorry for the delays, but I think the final result is worth the waiting for it. [teasing mode on] I know what I'm talking about, I'm playing WC-Saga nearly each day[/teasing mode off] :D

As for the game-engine itself, I must really say, that it excites me every day for new. In fact, all we use is a 3MB- exe file and some sort of ini-files. Everything else, except a few background-files that we share with the hlp-community, is made completly new for the mod, including the ugly brown freespace interface which will be replaced completly, though I'm not sure this will happen for every interface in the prologue, but certainly in the main game .

What really excites me so much, is the modding-possibiliy for that game-engine. It also gives a few other modding-projects a good home. Look at the Babylon5-Mod for example. It is really exciting and extrem realistic compared to the official TV-Show. There are also two BSG-Mods (old and new), a StarWars Mod, and even a project to transfer Homeworld-Cataclysm overthere, though I'm not so sure about the last one, certainly not easy to create a good fighter-based story for this. And of course there is our WC-Mod. And even if there are some minor differences to the WC-engines we are used to have, I'm sure that we will get everything necessary for the future release of the main-campaign.

Theoretically, it would also be great for a complete new fanfiction universe, if someone would want to do something serious. If I would have the time, I would also like to make a small Saab-Mod, or maybe a rebuild/sequel of Starlancer (cool fighters, but Capships suck a little). But my real life drains away most of my energy, so I will stick with WC-Saga, that way I will have at least a realistic goal :)

Nevertheless, thank you all for your interest and your patience

Starman©

Starman© said:
If I would have the time, I would also like to make a small Saab-Mod, or maybe a rebuild/sequel of Starlancer (cool fighters, but Capships suck a little). But my real life drains away most of my energy, so I will stick with WC-Saga, that way I will have at least a realistic goal :)

Starman©

I have a dream about making a Tyrian mod for it... :)

Back