The “Console Wars” heat up! Wii/XBOX360/PS3

Or just be really cool and exercise a large amount of financial irresponsibility by purchasing all three. That's my plan.

I’m going to get Wii, because it’s cheapest (not even $300), and it’s the only thing you can play “Metroid Prime 3” on.

Besides it will have two “Wing Commander” games available for download off “Virtual Consol”!

Nothing can touch the Gam-Boy.

Attachments

• gamboy.jpg
    gamboy.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 173
Ace Rimmer said:
I’m going to get Wii, because it’s cheapest

That's not a good reason. All three systems are different, and any sort of price comparison is a lot more complex than that.

Ace Rimmer said:
Besides it will have two “Wing Commander” games available for download off “Virtual Consol”!

It could have two (three) Wing Commander games available for download. I've already posted the list of games they've announced, and there are no EA games on it.

If I decide to buy another console, my last being the N64, it will be the Wii. Not because of any lingering loyalty to Nintendo but because the controller scheme seems a lot more interesting. If it lives up to half of what I've heard it should be a lot more to play with the Nachuk rig than the same old controller. Plus the name is a really childish name for urine.:D

Right now I can't even keep up with the PC gaming I have on my hands. But the XBox seems to have the upper hand. I don't know. The last console I had was intellivision.

Delance said:
But the XBox seems to have the upper hand.

The XBox really does have a lot going for it. It's really gained some good ground this year. Everything about XBox Live/Live Marketplace has been better than expected. They just announced tonight that you'll be able to download brand new movies and TV shows in high definition via the marketplace beginning in two weeks, including stuff like the new special effects high definition Star Trek. http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161165.html It's taken stuff like video chat, ubiquitous voice chat, digital content delivery, high definition graphics/movies and so on and made all these things really easy, accessible standard features. It's still a young system too. They're starting to make some great games for it, and I'm sure there'll be even more amazing things before long.

Now if only Microsoft would release a larger harddrive and I may consider purchasing HD TV shows and Movies.

I think I gotta get a Wii.

Metal Slug Anthology!!!!

Pity Sony of America refuses to allow 2D games to be made for their systems, or makes approval very difficult (Several games have not been approved because of this, and others have been done by hitchhiking on an approved game). Thanks to Sony of America, I have an Xbox, and am getting a Wii. Any reason to get a PS3 is purely profit driven. As in, buy it and sell it for 200+% profit.

I look forward to when Metal Slug 3D gets released. Sadly, it's only out in Europe. Probably means a Wii or Xbox release here.

Is that really true? We're just days away from EA Replay, which is a "2D" game for a Sony system...

I'll definitely wait and see for at least another year before deciding between the consoles. My tendency right now is slightly for the PS3, as it seems to be the most versatile and powerful (on paper). However in the end it comes down to the software provided.

Same here, I own a PS2 and the kid's library of PS1 & PS2 games is too big to be wasted, I want those games to play on the new console... so I'll wait a bit and see; if the PS3 is successfull enough to be viable (as in not flop) I'll probably buy it.

If I can have the money, that is. :eek:

Back