That poster

Great, someone noticed. :)

Strike Commander is what inspired me to make Standoff's storyline film-noir-esque in the first place.

You know, the SC poster is actually a slightly edited version from an old nude photo of Pamela Anderson.
Seriously, it is.

OK... no one panic, I'm here with what we need to do in 4 easy steps.

1. Start a new thread that requires posters to affirm that they're 18...

2. Then, members begin contributing possible candidates for the poster in question.

3. We debate the merits of each, using our elite Wing Commander skills to determine whether or not we can verify a match.

4. Enjoy the fruits of our labor! Who knew Wing Commander forensics could be so much fun!? :D

I present you Exhibit A.

If you look at the folds of her blouse... umm, I said blouse... if you could... BLOUSE, GUYS!
You'll notice the folds are exact match (save for fact that the SC image is sligthly streched). There's no doubt that picture has at least been the model for SC poster.

However I can't say 100% certainly that this is actually Pamela. The picture says so and so did the site I... happened to accidentally come by the photo. And if you're old enough to remember (or at least old enough read right source material), you'll know that that's at least very close to what she looked like some 20 years ago.

I rest my case.

Attachments

• pamansc.jpg
    pamansc.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 100
Back