Thanks a lot...

Worf

Vice Admiral
For posting that helmet news article. There goes my chance of getting it for a good price...

:)

I wondered why it shot up in price recently.

Originally posted by Worf
For posting that helmet news article. There goes my chance of getting it for a good price...

Yeah, that was going to happen. I'm rather sure LOAF and Joe are waiting to snipe.

Hehe, well, it's Captain Johnny, he deserves as much money as he can get (G) Seriously, though, it only got bid on by one more person after being mentioned at the CIC... :)

Yeah, but sniping is fun :). Watching it rise $30 with 3 days to go isn't.

Also, sniping just gives me the "I've got a chance" feel, rather than say "I can't afford it anymore, so forget it".

Edit: Jeez! It's gone up to $500+ already. And there's still a couple of days left!

Got that right. I guess when it's all said and done, someone would lay out a cool grand for it.

Unfortunately, prices on ebay are determined by demand, not actual value.

The original Zork on 5 1/4" floppy with original packaging and all is worth a pretty penny but on ebay it may not sell for anything at all, whereas newer game systems like the Dreamcast w/ BBA are going to shoot skyhigh, must higher than their actual worth.

It also may be possible that most people who really value SM1 and SM2 already have it or have a friend who has it whom they can get it from.

Plus you have midnight auctioners who will pay out the a** for anything at all. If there weren't such people, Home Shopping Network would have died long ago.

Spendthrifts.

Originally posted by Terrorizer
I was just shocked because the origin museum describes them as very hard to find in good condition. I guess everyone was busy looking at the helms?

Hard to find in good condition doesn't mean there are a huge amount of people who care enough to spend money on it.

Back