TCS Concordia

WildWeasel

Spaceman
At the beginning of Wing Commander III, Blair and Paladin find the Concordia wrecked. I don't remember seeing any explanation for why it crashed at the end of the Special Operations. What happened? (Does the fake Kilrathi armistice figure in all this?)

[This message has been edited by WildWeasel (edited October 20, 2000).]

The Concordia was participating in a rear guard action in Vespus after the Battle of Earth (Fleet Action). The Kilrathi sunk her, but Blair, who was being treated for injuries in a military hospital, was not on board, allowing him to join Paladin in the search for her after the fact.

There was no documentation or dramatization of this in anything 'cept WC3 (and its novel).

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Are the novels considered a part of the "official Wing Commander universe"?

I don't care whose reading this, and what you think, please dont' start that same old argue ment again. WW, I wouldn't advise asking something like that, since some of us here have a....tendency to argue over the matter.

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean? Well, WC2 I guess, 'cause that's the only game with the Concorida in it (and the Special Operations, of course).

But if you're asking in what game did the Concordia participate in the rear guard action in Vepsus, then the answer would be none.

WW: If you ask me, I say that they are part of the WC timeline/universe, but some people have some funny ideads about how the WC universe is supposed to be.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited July 02, 2000).]

The Concordia was featured in the entire Wing Commander II series (including the Special Operations).

By the way, I'm sorry if I struck a nerve with my last question. I just joined this zone (note the rank) and can't be held responsible for past threads which may or may not have been debated to death.

I understand that there's also a Wing Commander cartoon. Is this official or a fan product?

The only relationship between the games and novels is that, through a minor miracle of copywrite law they both happen to be called Wing Commander. And they have the same story and characters.

Eeek! I forgot my anti-sarcasm pills. The games and the novels (and the cartoon) are the same universe, as evidenced by the fact that the books are listed in the various timelines included with Wing Commander games.

A bit more detail on the Concordia's destruction (and why Blair wasn't aboard) is given in the WC3 novel... more on the last days of the Concordia appears in the Armada manual, Voices of War.

Although what happens to the Lexington is up to you in the game, was there ever an "official" result of the carrier's mission or was it left as an open thread? We can assume that it didn't make it to Kilrah (or was destroyed while attacking it) because it was still there when Blair arrived in Wing Commander III.

I think the Armada Lex' was forced to retreat back to Confed space due to severe damage.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

i think you meant the Victory,as far as
i know, it got old and is in Confed HQ as a
mueseum of some sort

[This message has been edited by Kain (edited July 02, 2000).]

(I'm pretty sure that we're talking about the Lexington from Armada.) I think that it was destroyed once they got further into Kilrathi territory. That could explain why they weren't heard from.

No, it doesn't. We're just speculating on what might have happened to the Lexington.

Why would you think it was forced to retreat? That's sort of a weird thing to think. We're told that it is missing in action in Victory Streak.

We were just using the game as a reference. I personally have never read any of the books (though I really, really want to) and, judging from his comment, I doubt that Major No Regret has, either. Most people can't get information from something they haven't read.

The Major?
smile.gif
Which one? I do believe that we've got more than one Major here.

LOAF: Hypothetically speaking, it could've been forced to retreat, so it's not really a weird thing to think. A lot of ships that are MIA eventually show up (eg., the TCS Midway). Though I personally agree that it never came back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back