Tarsus / Eagle 5

darkhelmet46

Spaceman
I am a bit of a Spaceballs fan (in case you couldn't tell), so when I saw it was on tonight, of course I had to watch it.

Anyway, I couldn't help noticing the general outline as well as the cockpit of the Eagle Five, nav screen included, looks an awful lot like the Tarsus. Coincidence?

ship_tarsus.gif

images

Yeah... I'd guess coincidence. You could probably find a lot of things with similar cockpit windows, and aside from the forward fuselage being boxy, the Spaceballs ship has a wing thing happening while the Tarsus' engine nacelles are tucked in closer and it has that offset lower body.

I bet they looked pretty similar on the inside. Grayson Burrows looks like a regular housekeeper

The resemblance was made by me and some buddies at the time privateer came out, too bad "barf", the human-dog crossbreed did not make an appearance in the game and neither did the bon-jovi music.

I'm betting the guys on the design team did this as an in-joke. After all the character "Lonestar" is a mercenery for hire based on Han Solo.

There was a (recognized at the time) Tarsus-looking shuttle in an episode of Babylon 5, "War Without End"--but I can't seem to find a picture on the internet.

Who would have thought in 1995 that the internet in 2011 *wouldn't* be a vast repository of Babylon 5 errata? Not LOAF, that's for sure.

There was a (recognized at the time) Tarsus-looking shuttle in an episode of Babylon 5, "War Without End"--but I can't seem to find a picture on the internet.

Who would have thought in 1995 that the internet in 2011 *wouldn't* be a vast repository of Babylon 5 errata? Not LOAF, that's for sure.

Was it in part one or two, cos I could probably find the pic in question.

And there is the Babylon 5 version of the WCPedia BTW

Back