Take Kilrathi a shower?

Originally posted by Chris Mungo
What do you mean?
The real question here is: what do YOU mean? :)

Do Kilrathi take showers? Well... let's put it this way, do cats take showers? No, they stay fairly clean by licking themselves.

They lick their hairs to remove dust, and reinforce their impermeability. In addition, by licking themselves often, they soften their fur while at the same time increasing protection against cold weather...

Now it's true that Kilrathi are 3m tall cats that wear clothes, so I guess at least their clothes would start smelling after a while. Probably they wash their clothes and lick their fur to stay clean...

Re: Re: Take Kilrathi a shower?

Originally posted by mpanty

The real question here is: what do YOU mean? :)

Do Kilrathi take showers? Well... let's put it this way, do cats take showers? No, they stay fairly clean by licking themselves.

I believe the old joke about dogs would thus apply even *more* so with cats, even (perhaps *especially*) Kilrathi:

"Why do dogs lick themselves?..."
...(**you know the answer**)... :D

Re: Re: Take Kilrathi a shower?

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that they only look like cats. And purr. But they are not actually felines as such... well, they might be, but it'd be an incredible evolutionary coincidence.

Come to think of it, just how long is Kilrathi fur, and does it indeed cover their entire bodies?

All in all, however, the answer must be yes. Consider how frequently cats wash themselves, and how careful they are about it. Now imagine how long it would take a Kilrathi-sized cat to lick himself clean even once a day... why, they wouldn't have time to develop any sort of civilisation :).

Unless... maybe they don't lick themselves or take showers, and that green mist in the Movie... ;)

Re: Re: Re: Take Kilrathi a shower?

Originally posted by Quarto
Now imagine how long it would take a Kilrathi-sized cat to lick himself clean even once a day...
Mmmmh... I guess it's a matter of proportions, a cat takes a certain amount of time, he's got a small tongue for a small body... a Kilrathi's got a bigger body but also a bigger tongue...

But I guess with the time factor (considering they are fighting a war at the same time), you have a point...
Originally posted by Quarto
Unless... maybe they don't lick themselves or take showers, and that green mist in the Movie... ;)
Your mind is perturbed... :)

Maybe they bathe with dust or talcum powder like a Chinchilla. Kilrah didn't seem to have much water and I think it's safe to say they've evolved past licking.

Geez guys, how about entitling the Kilrathi some privacy? No wait...I'd like to see what happens to caught peeping toms! Hehhehheh...:)

Maybe Confed Intel has some spy photos of the Emperor licking himself. That would make for some good wartime moral boosters....

Back