System Requirements

Tolwyn

Vice Admiral
System Requirements
Freespace 2 Standard requires DirectX® 5 or greater. Wing Commander Saga requires Directx® 8.
It also works with later DirectX® versions (such as DirectX® 9). DirectX® is avalible at <http://www.microsoft.com/directx>.

Minimum Configuration for Wing Commander Saga
• Windows® XP, Windows Me®, Windows 2000®, or Windows 98 SE®
Windows® 95 is reported not to work the current EXE.
• 300 – 400MHZ CPU (Depending on additional preformance factors).
• 128 MB RAM, at least, 256 MB RAM is highly recommended.
• 4x CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive (CD only need for cutscenes).
• 1.3 GB free HHD space for the original install and an a minimum of 3 MB for the FS2:SCP files.
• 16 MB video card with DirectX 5 compatible driver. Recommend atleast 32 MB TNT2.
• DirectX 5 compatible sound card.
• Keyboard and Mouse.

Safe Configuration for Wing Commander Saga
• 700 Mhz Pentium 3 or faster processor.
• 256 MB SDRAM.
• 8x or faster CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive.
• 64 MB GeForce 2 or greater video card with DirectX 5 compatible driver.

Strangely enough; I have a ninja PC with 2.0 Ghz and Freespace2 only runs smooth on 640x480... WTF? :confused:

nice to see you back, captain :D As we have to discuss several things regarding textures. So far I have to admit you was right about our cap ships textures: they look good enough now. Which can't be said of several wc2 ships.

btw, I've done new textures for Tarawa: you can concentrate on other assignments.

As to your question: I strongly recommend you to install latest drivers and direct x AND use our own WingCommanderSaga.exe.

Regarding capship textures: I already did something...How do you like it? I just played around and it's only about 50 % retextured. I tried to create a distinctive style for our capships, silvery and dark grey.

Attachments

• Concordia.jpg
    Concordia.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 92
yay, that's it... exactly what we need... we have a texture style for Broder Wolrds, now we need one for the Confed (Tallahasse, Concordia-class, Gilgamesh... several wc2 ships)

good job...

btw, could you send me the new texture for the Crossbow? As I'm going to compile the newest alpha.

btw, here is the new Tarawa... great thanks to Eder for providing his model for our mod.

tarawa00.jpg

tarawa01.jpg

tarawa02.jpg

tarawa03.jpg

Looks great! :D

I'll send you the Crossbow textures ASAP. The thing is, my new PC behaved badly and I'm working now on my old machine. As soon as my new PC works again( that should be tomorrow or in two or three days at most). And I have to fix some texture coordinates on the model too. But fear not, you'll get it soon. :)

hey, cool thank you. I'm looking forward to it. This means also that there are only 4 (?) confed fighters that have to be done + 2 Kilrathi ones.

looks good... very good :D

btw, as you see, I've used the same textures set as the Ranger and Behemoth. I think it was the best choice based on what we have.

well, there is no need to panic. I assume that you can play the game on your pc if you deactivate certain effects and use 640*480 resolution

Lynx said:
Regarding capship textures: I already did something...How do you like it? I just played around and it's only about 50 % retextured. I tried to create a distinctive style for our capships, silvery and dark grey.

Hey Lynx, when you finished with the Concordia/Ranger model would you mind too terribly taking a side image (aft on the left) and posting it in the "side views of capships" thread? I'd love to include one of these on the starship scale website packet I'm sending.

C-ya

not a problem Viper :D

I suggest you take a look at my 3d website. You will find there the Ranger-class model. Using it you can have a nice render.

Back