Suggestions

PopsiclePete

Mission programmer
Maybe it would be a good idea to update the project's website. If it's too much job to fill every information that was originaly intended to be included, just post the most important stuff like what's done, what's left to do, download link and installation instructions.

Another suggestion: maybe someone could setup a persistent FL server running the mod so WC fans can play it together. Post the connection info on the website.

well, before you can establish a server for people to play, you need to balance the game and stabalize it. As i noticed, you guys are using the official reference about ship's hull and gun power. So fights a pretty realistic and quick as it was in WC. that's very good. NPC's regeneration shields also very good, i like it. Gives some chalange. The one big problem that i noticed is that Laser gun is doing 100 damage at refire rate of 10. Which means that 100x10 = 1000 per second. That's a lot i tell you. As the refire rate is very fast, i can nail NPC in 3-7 seconds. Laser is level 1 gun, but its the best one... well its only my thoughts, but.... its unbalance the game greatly. It was fun before i discovered these laser guns. And also game crashes, but i posted about it in the release topic. So you might wonna read about that there.
That's what i think.

Yeah, the guns have been rebalanced for the next release.
(Oh, I responded to your other post, too)

(BTW-I wrote the current mod.)

PopsiclePete said:
Maybe it would be a good idea to update the project's website. If it's too much job to fill every information that was originaly intended to be included, just post the most important stuff like what's done, what's left to do, download link and installation instructions.

Another suggestion: maybe someone could setup a persistent FL server running the mod so WC fans can play it together. Post the connection info on the website.

Is there a website for the reckoning? A Solsector one might be possible. A server is a bit more difficult.

Back