Stuck on Installation...

Jason_Ryock

Vice Admiral
Can I install all the Secret Ops episodes at the same time, or do I need to install them one at a time as I come to the missions?

What happens if I install them all at once, do they over-write each other?

Also, is there a program that lets me run Armada in WinXP? I found a few programs that do similar things, but they Armada isn't supported.

If you only install the sixth episode, you can play all the missions jus fine... You won't get the codes, but the secret ops site doesn't support those anymore anyway.

And there isn't a way to make Armada run natively in XP

*puts a curse on bill gates for making XP, and on Toshiba for equipping his laptop with XP, and on his father for buying him the laptop, and on Aramda for not running in XP, and on the programmers who failed to make their dos programs run with Aramda*

*is really just making his post number go up...very slowly*

Eh, you can't run Armada in any version of windows... If you're really enthusiastic you can use vmware or a similar virtual machine to get it running.

Also, I don't think Tech Support posts go towards your overall post count.

Aww...then I'm NEVER gonna get a shiny bar!!!

Well actually...looks like they do count, where can I get one of these fun VM games? I want to play Armada. =(

Make my dreams come true TC, please?

Jason_Ryock said:
Can I install all the Secret Ops episodes at the same time, or do I need to install them one at a time as I come to the missions?

Whatever works for you. BTW: Only installing the last one is sufficient - it has all the older ones in it.

Jason_Ryock said:
What happens if I install them all at once, do they over-write each other?

No. You won't see the password screens however that are needed for customized fiction.
This fiction can be found at my page:
http://www.karl.frank.name/wc
(not present anymore in this form on the Origin page)

Jason_Ryock said:
Also, is there a program that lets me run Armada in WinXP? I found a few programs that do similar things, but they Armada isn't supported.

Not that I know of beides full Virtual PCs

TC said:
Eh, you can't run Armada in any version of windows... If you're really enthusiastic you can use vmware or a similar virtual machine to get it running.

Wrong. You can run it with Mjemm just fine... Not on the shitty XP however.

cff said:
Wrong. You can run it with Mjemm just fine... Not on the shitty XP however.
don't blaim XP, if u don'r read the EULA, or the other written warnings, that plainly say that OLD software may nolonger be supported and expect pure DOS games to run in a none-DOS environment, it's ur own damn fault.

Happy said:
don't blaim XP, if u don'r read the EULA, or the other written warnings, that plainly say that OLD software may nolonger be supported and expect pure DOS games to run in a none-DOS environment, it's ur own damn fault.

So telling up fron that a system is crap makes it a good system? You should work for PR me thinks...

Back