Still crazy after all these years ...

yoyoyojo

Rear Admiral
I was logging on here to give my annual "keep up the good work speach" when I read a new WC game was being released. What great news. Not sure I'll get an xbox, as I am a solidly entrenched in PC gaming, but it is good to hear just the same. it gives us all hope that they might produce even more WC games. Who knows maybe evn another interactive movie with great flying. Maybe they'll go so far as to create an interactive movie in a real 3d environment, more in line with an Oblivion type game (with flying of course). Anything is possible and for now I can hope, I can dream of a better world with WC in it.

I have not come across an old game with such a dedicated following ...

So on to my point. In a not so small way I think the dedicated people who administer and contribute to this site are the reasons this game will not die. It is endearing really the deciation demonstarted here.

WC is the only game I have felt nostalgic for. In part because games like this just do not exist today, real actors, expensive sets. In part to the fact i was in my late teens early 20's when I firts played this great game. But this feeling of nostalgia is inspired in big part by the people on this site. And that means you!

I have learned everything there is to know about WC. I have learned how to get these old games to work on these new PCs. I have seen fan fiction an fan create games. I have even escaped the dullness of an insurance office hanging out, on line, with you guys in a hotel room while you attended Dragon Con.

Seriously cheers to the CIC!

Freddom is ... well you know ...

I have learned everything there is to know about WC. I have learned how to get these old games to work on these new PCs. I have seen fan fiction an fan create games. I have even escaped the dullness of an insurance office hanging out, on line, with you guys in a hotel room while you attended Dragon Con.

That's great. I don't hear a lot from people who've watched the web cam, but I know people do. This year we're planning to set up a table in the lobby of the hotel to talk about Wing Commander with the thousands of people passing by. It'd be neat if we could set up a camera there somehow.

Back