Starlancer or Privateer 2

Both, if you got the money.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

as a WC fan it is your duty to buy WC games first....

so first buy P2 and you can always buy SL later, since it's a newer game anyway, the price will only drop and the bugs maybe left ou (if there are any
wink.gif
)

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
Realy WC fans support the WCSCRP

Last edited by a moderator:
Starlancer! But since you can buy a copy for 3,5$ (black market baby!) you should try with both of them.

------------------
"Hasta la victoria siempre."
-El Che

If only one, I'd buy P2. The gameplay is practicly the same except the AI in P2 is worse, but P2 has a much better story and replayability.

What was that, Earthworm? P2 has replayability? Yeah, right.

Forget them both. Buy yourself StarCraft. Better still, the StarCraft BattleChest. That's two games in one.

I know it may be a bit strange that here, at a WC chatzone, I'm telling you to forget a WC game and to buy StarCraft. But StarCraft is just sooo worth it.
smile.gif

Quarto said:
What was that, Earthworm? P2 has replayability? Yeah, right.
Hm, great story and a better than average gameplay usualy means replayability. Besides, all games I've played, even FS, have better replayability than SL.
smile.gif

Redtic: Oh, fair enough. As long as you've got StarCraft and Brood War, you're free to do whatever you want with your money
smile.gif

Earthworm: Well, let's just agree to disagree. Because frankly, I deleted P2 the moment I finished it. And it's now on its way to Poland, because one of my brothers happens to like it. Personally, I will never play P2 again. You can't make me!
smile.gif

BUT I CAN! MWAHAHAHA

(but I won't because I could care less if you like it or not)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Quarto said:
Earthworm: Well, let's just agree to disagree. Because frankly, I deleted P2 the moment I finished it. And it's now on its way to Poland, because one of my brothers happens to like it. Personally, I will never play P2 again. You can't make me!
smile.gif
Sure, thoug personaly I don't see how you can like, lets say P1 so much, yet hate P2.

Yes, I like P1 better than P2 (obviously). P1 is a great game, while P2 could hardly get much worse. Naturally, this is just MY opinion. You're free to like P2, as long as you don't try to persuade me that it's a good game.

For one thing, P1 was immediately seen as a part of the WC universe. It did not need an FAQ for people to accept it as taking place in the WC universe.
Secondly, P1 had superior sound effects. It had nice gun sounds, nice taunts (just to make myself clear, I don't mind the Bri'ish accents in P2. In fact, they give the game a very unique flavour), which P2 most definitely has not. It also has great comm lines from the civvies, which P2 MOST definitely has not (here I do mind the accents... when a dying pilot sounds like a lemming with a French accent, you know something's very wrong with the game).
Furthermore, P1 did not have stupid news articles that made the whole game seem like the parody of a space sim. And P1 did not have such idiotic things as a spaceship that will refuse to take off if it predicts boredom during the voyage.
Also, P1 had better AI, nicer ship designs, a better plot (yes, you heard right; the plot in P2 is nice, but in P1 it's way better... at least there was no evil twin brother involved
smile.gif
), many far more interesting locations.
And most importantly, P1 has no booth system! I remember you once complaining that in P1, the sales people, the bartenders and so on all looked the same. Well, P2 doesn't even have sales people. The booth system, you realise, was just used as a great way to cut production costs...

Is that enough, or should I try to come up with more?
smile.gif
I certainly could manage. After all, I haven't even mentioned the horrid flight engine P2 uses.

Sure, SL has low replayability, but it does have multiplayer. And quite fun multiplayer at that.

------------------
The time is near.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Sure, SW. I felt sick when I killed pirates in P2... because I had to do it so often
smile.gif
. God, I never thought killing could get so boring.

Quarto said:
For one thing, P1 was immediately seen as a part of the WC universe. It did not need an FAQ for people to accept it as taking place in the WC universe.
But that's not realy important. Sure, it's obvious that it takes place in the WC universe, but does that enhance the plot or gameplay?

Secondly, P1 had superior sound effects. It had nice gun sounds, nice taunts (just to make myself clear, I don't mind the Bri'ish accents in P2. In fact, they give the game a very unique flavour), which P2 most definitely has not.
I agree about the taunts, those sucked in P2, but the sound effect were overall better IMO.

It also has great comm lines from the civvies, which P2 MOST definitely has not (here I do mind the accents... when a dying pilot sounds like a lemming with a French accent, you know something's very wrong with the game).
Now, I can't agree on that. The civies were lame in both games.

Furthermore, P1 did not have stupid news articles that made the whole game seem like the parody of a space sim.
smile.gif
Those news articles are one of the cool things about P2. Why would anyone consider them stupid? So they don't fit with out current way of thinking, it's the future damn it, and it's much more original than I've seen in most games.

And P1 did not have such idiotic things as a spaceship that will refuse to take off if it predicts boredom during the voyage.
Wha?
Also, P1 had better AI,
Hardly. The P1 AI is one of the worst I've seen, along with P2.
nicer ship designs,
The only fighters (of the fighters you could fly) I liked were the Centurion and the Galaxy, meanwhile I liked most ships in P2. Even the ones that sucked.
a better plot (yes, you heard right; the plot in P2 is nice, but in P1 it's way better... at least there was no evil twin brother involved
smile.gif
), many far more interesting locations.
The plot in P1 was one of the thinest I've seen, save FS. You couldn't get to realy care for any characters, and the dialogs between them were cheesy.
And most importantly, P1 has no booth system! I remember you once complaining that in P1, the sales people, the bartenders and so on all looked the same. Well, P2 doesn't even have sales people.
But it has plenty other people that don't look the same. I loved the booth. Everything I wanted in one place.
The booth system, you realise, was just used as a great way to cut production costs...
Hardly, instead of making FMV with ship dealers and bartenders on all planets, Warthog concentrated on making a lot of small subplots with FMV. Like Xavier Shondi, or Mellisa Banks.

I haven't even mentioned the horrid flight engine P2 uses.
???? Horrid? The P2 engine is extremly smooth, beautifull, and functional. If not the poor AI, P2's gameplay would be among the top WC's.

Sometimes I feel sick when I play Starlancer because the enemy pilots ask you not to kill them just before you do, and for some reason that really, really bothers me. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it just does.

In WC4 you kill people too, but they sound like rednecks and eject once in a while, so I'm ok with that, atleast they have a chance.

Kill or be killed. Besides, they're not real
biggrin.gif

------------------
The time is near.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Back