Star Trek-ised Dragon

I wonder if the similarity is accidental or intended.
I think the Dragon/Lance would also be a fitting klingon fighter.

Heh, I'm reminded of the Star Trek Shattered Universe game for the Xbox 180, which opened with an entirely silly conceit to make it a fun space combat game--the Excelsior was sucked into the mirror universe and in the process magically came to have a complement of space fighters.

Clearly, this is what happens in reverse. :)

Heh, I'm reminded of the Star Trek Shattered Universe game for the Xbox 180, which opened with an entirely silly conceit to make it a fun space combat game--the Excelsior was sucked into the mirror universe and in the process magically came to have a complement of space fighters.

Clearly, this is what happens in reverse. :)

I used to have Shattered Universe on the PS2, not a bad game in my opinion. The concept being that when the Excelsior was transported into the mirror universe it was transformed in it's Terran Empire counterpart the ISS Excelsior, even Sulu developed the facial scar of his counterpart

Not the first Star Trek console game to have fighters. Among the others was the PS1 game Star Trek: Invasion, which had the Valkyrie-Class of fighters also the USS Typhon which is a carrier ship.

USS Typhon
typhona20mn.jpg

Valkyrie Mk I and Mk III
Invasion_-_Valkyries.jpg

I just found another couple of Star Trek fighters on Deviantart that could almost be at home in the WCverse

first_flight_by_candelagreene-d32py35.jpg

(Looks somewhat like a Drathi)

The_Scorpion_Bomber_by_Euderion.jpg

(Reminds me somewhat of a Banshee)

I remember Star Trek Voyager having fighters, but the movement that used them was eventually wiped out.

I remember Star Trek Voyager having fighters, but the movement that used them was eventually wiped out.

Fighters popped up during Deep Space Nine and First Contact. DS9 drew direct attention to them while First Contact put them on the screen but didn't say "Look, fighters!" They are primarily used by the Federation. The Maquis (faction you're thinking of) are essentially Federation separatists in with a loosely similar story to the Border Worlds.

They're virtually identical, definitely intentional.

startrek_dragont.jpg
dragon.jpg

That's what I don't care for. It's essentially a Dragon model (maybe even a publicly available one) with different textures. There's nothing in the design that really "looks" Star Trek-Federation.

Really, I'm more impressed with this TOS-DS9-Defiant model; at least it's something that some work and thought was put into during construction.

109599_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back