Star*Soldier Gets Real (July 23, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Here's something cool: Electronic Arts was kind enough to give us fifty actual printed copies of Star*Soldier, the Wing Commander Arena manual to pass along to the community! As you can see in the pictures below, they're beautiful - the same size as the classic Wing Commander manuals but printed in full color on nice glossy paper. We're busy figuring out a fair way to distribute them to deserving fans... in the meantime, you can download the PDF version here (7.7 MB PDF).

--
Original update published on July 23, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, really nice. I printed the manual out today, in colour but not on glossy paper. It looks mostly fine but the print shop had an old version of the Acrobat Reader so that some parts (especially the titles of the articles) don't show, they're just black. And Gar's Emporium pages are all messed up. Still, it's nice to be able to take it with me and read comfortably.

50 manuals, that's really nice of them. Of course, if there are any left, I'd very much like one.

Edit: Wouldn't it be maybe possible to do a centralised order?

Yeah I wouldn't mind one for my collection I wish that they would sell a physical product. I think it would be kinda cool to have a custom wing commander arena game on a memory card with the manual. Or something along those lines Im not liking this whole electronic only switch that everybody is trying to make.

Wow! A printed manual of Star*soldier!

Any chance it'll be included as one of the prizes for CIC's next birthday?

A printed Version!!!
IwantIwantIwant!!!

:D :D :D

Yeah, really nice. I printed the manual out today, in colour but not on glossy paper. It looks mostly fine but the print shop had an old version of the Acrobat Reader so that some parts (especially the titles of the articles) don't show, they're just black. And Gar's Emporium pages are all messed up. Still, it's nice to be able to take it with me and read comfortably.

a suggestion - use a (free) print-to-PDF software (I would suggest PDF995 since it's freeware version woun't leave any "water-marks" on the finished product, but pdffactory, or anything else would be fine) to print it to a PDF file which would be compatible with lower version PDF-readers -
that should fix any problems...

Thanks for the suggestions - but it's too late for me. I already spent 14 € for laser colour printing (and of course, saw the problemes only afterwards) and I hesitate to spend them again. I mean, 95% of it is ok and I got the electronic variant to doublecheck.

But thanks. :)

Back